Subject Author Posted Replies

One for Adam!
This well-cremated consumer unit (home distribution board) was sent by Nick Bundy for our entertainment. You can see the video where he replaces it with a new one here:-...
14
14

Mounting a mirror
The mirror is approx 400 x 700mm and is 6mm thick with edge bevels that reduced this to 3mm. It has no mounting holes and I don't want to drill any. I can get mirror corner mounts but these are...
11
11

Removing paint from bathroom wall
I wish to tile a bathroom wall. The tiles are 30 by 60 cm and 10mm thick, so quite heavy. I am told that I must remove the paint, or atleast do something to make the tiles stick. What is the best way...
8
8

Car battery 12.1v
Our car is stop-start, it hasn't performed this 'feature' for many months. I believe this to be a symptom of the battery not being at it's best. It was clicking the other day rather than cranking the...
90
90

How about this for a motherboard burn.
This is a so-called refurbished Dell Latitude E6430 Laptop from Amazon with a badly burnt Motherboard. It looks as if someone has put a metallic object into the docking connector and melted the dual P...
12
12

How to find/make/whatever things like this cheaply?
I have several hundred metres (maybe even a km or so) of electric fencing around our land. One of the things one often has to do is tie down loose folded over ends of electric fence tape and make...
8
8

Short Dated food suppliers
Along with 'approved food', this bunch has popped on me radar... BTW, those approvedfood transistors are now a £5 black friday special... BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL Unbranded Transistor Assortment Kit
4
4

cool
See more from the AT&T Archives at http://techchannel.att.com/archives There were two versions of this film made; this is the short version. Watch for footage of the ridiculously huge vacuum tubes...
14
14

Orientation of lever ball valve
Is there any reason why a lever operated full bore ball valve, on a horizontal pipe, shouldn't be mounted with the lever on the side or bottom, rather than the top? Would meake access easier in my...
5
5

OT Old electricity bill
Promised for a poster here but I though some others might like to see it. It was given to me by Terry Casey's widow and the bill would have been for his mother (Terry's Dad passed away when Terry was...
46
46

Lost in the baffling Makita range
I'd decided to treat myself to a Mak 18V brushless drill (no hammer) and ID, but the range of model numbers is impenetrable and I haven't found a simple comparison page. Does such a thing exist, or...
37
37

Extractor fan back draught shutter - one flap or two?
Having felt a cold incoming draught from the bathroom extractor fan I'm looking at adding a back draught shutter to the pipe run. As usual, nothing is easy. I can have one flap or two. Advantages of...
1
1

In-line fuse holders - do they meet the regs?
One for our resident certified electrical installers ... I want to add a spur to feed a wall-mounted smart heating controller, which has a PSU as part of its wall-mount kit. I don't want to have a...
12
12

wonderful diagram of an ASP on EDF website
the diagram showing the 'warm' and 'cold' sides make any sense ? Air Source Heat Pumps: A Complete Guide | EDF
59
59

OT: Ping ex / current Peugeot 407 owners?
Daughters little 2001 1.2 16V Corsa has managed to put another 8,000 miles on top of the 200,000 since we got it though it's last couple of MOT's and it's due again in January. I stuck a new rad in it...
25
25