Subject Author Posted Replies

Problems accessing a specific web site
Yesterday, I had problems accessing a particular 'hobby' web site : at a related Facebook group, it became obvious that I was not the only one, many people receiving a message saying the domain had...
19
19

13A Sockets with USB sockets
I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience of these, either in their socket bar or normal outlet combined form. The info I'm looking for is not whether they actually produce the 5vdc at a...
26
26

Sockets
My wife had not forgiven me for not specifying brushed chrome sockets and switches in the kinchen when it was extended' She even said she would accept some as a Xmas present - fine by me and I would...
19
19

Interpretation?
Can one of the sparkys among us interpret these instructions for me? Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a...
11
11

Potterton Kingfisher MF the Flame button does not come on
On the front panel of my Potterton Kingfisher MF the Flame button does not come on and my boiler does not come on. There is power to the boiler. It clicks on and off but will not start. Could it be a...

Remote outside light
We have a need for a 100w+ LED outside light that can be turned on remotely. The normal plug in remote switches refuse to work without line of sight. Ideally I'd like a remote control flood light but...
20
20

EDF energy smart meter - fault diagnosis - mesh network?
The external display for our EDF smart meter has stopped displaying data and just sits there "Waiting for current data". I will try and contact EDF tomorrow, but I thought I would check here in case...
13
13

Technically this is D-I-Y but of the self built computer kind.......
Right I want to take advantage of the January sales and want to build my own computer. I got a new 4K monitor for Chrimbo, and I can re-use mt current graphics card which is an AMD Radeon R9 280X...
10
10

OT: Costa customers and reading?
Out dog walking earlier and *every* very distinctive / red dog waste bin was overflowing with Costa cups and nearly all of them with their lids on (so not even 'stacked'). Now, given that it says...
52
52

OT: Plastic bags
Anyone knows where can I get a few hundred bags of the type you find in the fruit & veg aisle? i.e. very thin material, pretty much one-use only, ideally with tie handle, but not a show stopper if...
3
3

The Xmas Official Charts
And currently at number five, is "Boris Jo...." Well played.
1
1

Mobile phone
I am not a phone geek. My first and only smart phone is a Doogee x5 Max which cost less than £80 a few years ago. It is absolutely fine, but it is Android 6 and I feel I need a newer version for...
31
31

Li-ion batteries in drill/driver
Happy Christmas all! I've been given a Bosch GSB120-Li drill/driver as a pressie for Christmas with two 12v 1.5Ah Li-ion batteries. This is the first Li-ion battery tool I have had and have previously...
11
11

Anyone used glue that hardens via UV light such as Bondic?
I've read reviews on Amazon that sound distinctly variable plus there's a query about the UV light and needing eye protection?
4
4

No more DIY in the near of Scotland...woo hoo
THE SCOTTISH Government has changed the rules over essential retail under Level 4.
3
3