Subject Author Posted Replies

Photography Q and eBay rant.
Is it just me, or if you buy a lens described thus "55 mm 0.45 X Macro Photographic Fish Eye Wide Angle Lens for Nikon D70" Would you expect, having waited a week for the bloody thing to turn up, to...
32
32

Fishing.
If anyone had told me all those years ago that the industry which voted Brexit perhaps more than any other would be one of the first to start moaning when it was 'done' I'm not sure I'd have believed...
65
65

Removable adhesive tape
I am going to need to tape down the covers of some small storage boxes that will hold electronic components and small tools during transit. I do not want the adhesive to leave a sticky residue when...
16
16

O/T: Rearranging a mathematical equation.
(I also posted this in uk.tech.digital-tv but the loving sentiment is the same) Hello all, Please forgive what must seem like a pointlessly trivial question to many of you, but I am not overly...
2
2

OTish: Hard Drive recovery after 8 years
I would be very surprised if any data could be recovered from the drive, even if the most edge forensics were deployed. Certainly nothing available to civilians leastways man who threw away a laptop...
55
55

Shower and toilet and basin into a tiny room ?
Into how small a room can I fit a shower and toilet and basin? The floor could be like a wet room floor all the way to the walls ideas and experience and links please ? George
28
28

OT: Snow clearing
I think senility has finally struck, just been out clearing a path through the snow to let our Tom cat to get up on the garden to do his business despite it still falling heavily and settling. We have...
9
9

Tower Bridge
Good TV programme last night with Rob Bell. Does anyone know the purpose of the blue painted blocks on the inner face of the towers: Facade Of One Of The Bridge Towers Of Tower Bridge In London. Stock...
28
28

OT - /Injections
Surely stabbing a needle into a vial of something is likely to damage or infect the needle.
20
20

Humming noise from central heating
We have had a new Worcestershire Bosch 30i boiler. We have found during the day when room stat is set to 18 deg no problem, at night when we increase room stat to 22 deg there is an occasional humming...
5
5

Praise where praise is due.
Had my Covid jab today. Organized via my doctor, but conducted at another local surgery - my guess as a co-operation between several. Extremely well organised - I was in and out in about 20 minutes...
107
107

Covid Vs Perfume
Hi Guys When out walking, it is quite common to be able to smell perfume from a distance of 10m from the wearer. This makes me think that Covid particles must be heavier than perfume by a factor of 5...
6
6

OT Phone stuck in constant loading of "NHS Covid -19" app
Any ideas. Samsung S6 if that helps.
13
13

"Non-removable" belt on vacuum cleaner?
Has anyone ever seen this before...? When using the brushbar on our Vax upright cleaner (model Air3 Pet, about 7 years old) it emits a load of noise, even after laboriously pulling all debris off it....
10
10

Drilling through a uPVC door frame
Hello all, About a month ago I enquired about "kinetic bell pushes". The resulting discussion here in D-I-Y resulted in me being convinced to try re-connecting the house's old wired bell system. I've...
13
13