Subject Author Posted Replies

Pigs in Blankets
For a few years I have bought trays of 12 frozen 'pigs in blankets', they have been OK as an accompaniment to a cooked meal. They claim to be pork with a bacon wrap and the sausage has always been a...
28
28

I'm inoculated :-)
Telephone call yesterday morning. Can you be at surgery 3.45 this afternoon for Covid inoculation. I had to consider it for a nano second:-) Arrived fifteen minutes early, sat in car killing time...
39
39

Is there a 'proper' name for Euro/French two-pin 2.5A sockets?
I am trying to buy a single socket for one of those standard 2-pin European (French) plugs which are commonly used on table lamps and such. These have the same size pins and spacing as the round 10...
32
32

OT Amos 'n' Andy
How did they get away with the radio version?

Laptop battery.
I have a Dell laptop and the battery is useless. Not tried - but can I operate it without the battery? Or does in need it in situ even though it holds no charge?
18
18

You learn something new...
Got a form sent as an email attachment that I had to fill in and return by email. In PDF format. Never seen this before and had thought most (free) progs that can load a PDF are read only. Including...
10
10

How to strip dark oak furniture?
In the near future I'm going to be stripping some heavily-carved dark oak (Victorian) furniture - something I haven't done before. I'm expecting to use a chemical stripper of some form and a...
1
1

At what low mains voltages do devices stop working?
We were told last week that a temporary generator would be installed because the substation next door needed some attention. It went in this morning, and by late afternoon was having problems. The...
26
26

OT HHGTTG
it or ignore it - you can't like it
18
18

Remote controlled access for storage units
Looking for recommendations for controlling access by users of our storage units. There are 40 units on the site. These would be steel storage units with no on-site management. We want to control it...
12
12

OT: The NI border and the vaccine fuss
Is what the EU attempted to do and then rapidly changed its mind over moving vaccines into NI, different in principle to what BoJo was proposing in December with his 'Internal Market' bill but never...
19
19

HF fluorescent fittings
Do twin HF fluorescent fittings need two good tubes to work or should they work with one? Or is the answer 'it depends'? Fitting in question: tube was getting noticeably dark at one end so presumably...
6
6

Got a letter
Get my jag on the 15th ...woo hoo
44
44

Could this *really* be used in a bathroom?
I've been looking for a simple heated towel rail for a toilet and came across this at CPC:- *says* ".... towel radiator ensures your bathroom feels comfortable when .... " but it has a 3-pin plug and...
9
9

OT: another scam?
Perhaps this is more for a legal group? Someone in Oldham is selling a colloidal silver spray device in a gateway that is supposed to 'sterilise' customers. The rationale on the website is largely...
5
5