Subject Author Posted Replies

Changing light fittings over stairs in old tall houses...
What ingenious acess methods / bits of access kit can the team come up with or ideally recommend? TIA
9
9

OT anyone into archery?
Would appreciate any pointers to a decent archery starter setup for young teenagers. TIA
14
14

Filler foam
I was thinking about getting some foam in a can to fill an open hole in a pipe chase in my study. But when I looked at what Screwfix are offering, I changed my mind. Extract from the More Info....
11
11

OT: Building The Most Secret Underground House And Water Slide To Swimming Pool Underground
Building The Most Secret Underground House And Water Slide To Swimming Pool Underground The Survival: I'm From Cambodia In This Video We Build 2 Week And Enjoy There After Working Complete. Build The...
27
27

OT ish : chromecast "clone" issues....
Got given what appears to be some eBay clone of a Chromecast device that has issues. 1 I can screen mirror to it from androids etc ok But 2 the pretty ropey instructions claim it will do dlna but...

OT: The world's simplest electric train
This is birth video of world's simplest electric train. Thank you for watching from around the world. (Run outside the coil) - http://youtu.be/Y1MDOerruDU (Speed Battle) - https://youtu.be/yL0TRmprhEM...
5
5

Lifting huge stone flag....
I need to lift a huge yorkstone flag, approx 4ft by 4 ft by 4 inch thick, by about 2 inches, & rebed on mortar etc as necessary. I can dig under the front edge if necessary, the sides are flower beds...
41
41

MiraScreen
When using Zoom etc in the kitchen, I plug the TV into the laptop via an HDMI cable. Not only for the bigger picture, but to use the sound system too. But the cable is not only untidy but a trip...
7
7

Groaning noisy Vaillant boiler. Stops when hot tap is run
Intermittent but usually happens at least once a day if heating is on. Running hot tap generally sorts it. It’s an EcoTech Plus. Just been serviced and he replaced the PCB. Still happening. Any...
4
4

Electric towel rails - none seem to have IP ratings
I am looking for an electric (only) towel rail with a thermostat for installation in a toilet (no washbasin actually in the cubicle, it's just outside the door). There's a blanked off ex-socket where...
16
16

for Tim
7
7

Re: What does the panel make of this..
Is it a % off the top of each sale or a monthly fee & smaller % arrangement? Or something else? TIA bignell.me.uk
1
1

Tiling on mdf....
Apparently something of a no no, but has anyone tiled onto MDF successfully? It's a window reveal in a kitchen. Old tiles detached, hardly any old adhesive stuck to the MDF underneath. Wondering what...
10
10

Honeywell Motorised Valve Alternative - BES
Hi guys My FIL has noticed two port motorised valves on BES web site. These are approx £25 compared to maybe £75 for Honeywell version . Anyone used these to have seen the quality of these cheap...
3
3

LED panels
I ordered, by phone, five LED panels 300 x 1200, plus frames from BLT Direct. Unfortunately there was a misunderstanding and the panels that arrived were 6,500K, which was much too blue for me. BLT...
4
4