Subject Author Posted Replies

Lithium battery fires
They provide their own fuel and oxygen from what I understand, and are near-enough impossible to put out. What about dumping dry ice on them to cool the fire out?
65
65

Loft Latch how?
Toolstation 97670 loft latch fitted as per instructions, it closed & latch but won't unlatch. Presume it needs alignment adjusting. So umm, how can it now be opened? Preferably without total...
29
29

Fruugo Shower of b******
If you haven't heard of them you're lucky These people pose as local suppliers but having placed and order for spare parts for my car I got an email saying it was being shipped from China. ( Shenzhen...
4
4

Rat!
I zapped this with 6000 volts and caused it to squeal. Dunno how it got in my house. It won't be doing it again. It's about 8 inches long. The brown-green stuff is the peanut butter bait.
11
11

OT: Word security settings
I have just encountered a situation I have never encountered in my life (at home or at the workplace). I wondered if the collective wisdom of the group could assist. I received a 1997-2003 Word file...
12
12

Schematic drawing
It occurs to me that, in case I forget how it all works, or to help anybody else who might have to dive in and sort it out, that a record of the interconnected knitting between my Hi-Fi, TV (plus PVR,...
32
32

Anyone having problems with NHS app
I have tried twice on separate days to order a repeat prescription using the app on my iPad the initial screen opens without the sign in facility and none of the icons displayed do anything? Does it...
7
7

uk.d-i-y
The toxic right wing nutjobs have basically taken over the group. These days it's mostly daycare for elderly blowhard loons.
14
14

haha
Well I never Well I never

Overflow/waste pipes cut off but left in the wall
Hi We had a full bathroom renovation, and I noticed afterwards that the remains of the now-unused toilet overflow and bath/shower waste pipes are stil in the outside wall. (The new toilet overflows...
19
19

Luton Airport fire: EV involved?
What’s the betting that this fire has an EV at the heart of it… <> All flights are suspended as a multi-storey car park with up to 1,200 vehicles inside sets on fire. All flights are suspended as...
160
160

Leaking galvanised steel water tank in loft ??
My wife noticed a slight discolouration on the bathroom ceiling above which is the water tank. We had a survey warning that it looked a bit dodgy when we purchased the house 7yrs ago - it was one of...
47
47

Neat finish for a hole through sheet material.
I have to feed some cables through a 1" (or thereabouts) hole in a cabinet. In normal use only one side of the hole will be visible and I'd like to make it look as neat as possible, so I need...
8
8

Which grease for plastic gears?
I have a need to re-grease plastic gears in old CD players, etc. I have some "silicone lubricant" which seems very thin and really seems to be for bedroom antics than anything shed based. I have a pot...
7
7

Bonding cement on cement
Hi all, I am doing some patio renovations and have 2 related questions. 1. We have a rendered wall and the bit along the top has blown. It is around 5mm deep and runs between 2 plastic angle beads...
3
3