Subject Author Posted Replies

Electrics to garage
I have a falling down old double garage a little way from the house and when I rebuild it I should run the electric out to it. If we are all going to be driving electric cars a garage without power in...
13
13

Mortar mix for seating slabs
A friend had a low brick garden wall built with slabs on top for seating. A couple of slabs came loose after very little use and it is evident that none of them are fixed properly - a sharp tug will...
13
13

Outdoor, pet friendly PIR
I currently have a security light on my garage (at the bottom of the garden) and used both for security and simply to see my way to the garage in the dark, but I need to add one to the shed next to...
8
8

New solar panel installation: panel orientation
Hello Solar experts, I am wondering whether the cost, subsidised or not, of a domestic PV solar installation may be set to come down. My house roof orientation is not ideal for solar panels but I have...
8
8

Solar lights
SWMBO want a string of solar lights in the garden. I have noticed some have ena,elled copper wire rather than the more usual plastic covered wire. Any thoughts?
12
12

Perseverance due to land in the next 15 mins
What odds do we give it?
22
22

Price of Optex AX-70TN outdoor IR beams
CPC and Rapid don't sell them so I had a look on Amazon. £123. Oh dear. So I had a look at a few suppliers of security equipment. The price was around £86 everywhere. Bill
4
4

Beltek...quality radio
6
6

Skimming over wallpaper!
I've never seen this before. A wall at work has been skimmed, it's apparent that behind the plaster is tiled wallpaper!
6
6

Gap above external window fascia - fill or not bother?
I'm boarding the inside of a window but noticed a gap at the top where there's a fascia panel attached to the window frame but not the building. Given it would be a faff to fill and it's in the rebate...
6
6

Crimp connectors
I'm having some difficulty getting a decent join connecting 2 bits of 80 strand speaker cable using my cheap but reasonable (CPC IIRC, and the crimps) crimp connectors. The wire, or rather one side,...
8
8

Silent pull cord switch?
Been on my list for a while - a quiet replacement for the noisy bathroom pull cord switch. If it came to it I could look into the kinetic/wireless type switches, although that'd be quite expensive and...
32
32

Keyless chuck drills
Just got my first keyless chuck drill and I am having problems......bought a new bosch 550 wired drill to replace my old black and decker and Stanley drills and a 20mm masonry drill to open up the...
18
18

What adhesive for mounting a large map?
I've been tasked with mounting a paper map (1000x1410mm) on a backer (probably ply or MDF), then to add some sort of surround to prettify it and then to hang it on a wall. Getting a large sheet of...
35
35

Mars 2020 Mission Perseverance Rover
Feb. 18 Landing Broadcast starts at 7:15pm tonight. Giving you some time to make some popcorn. https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/timeline/landing/watch-online/Feb. Information on how to watch the landing...
3
3