Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - TF card vs microSD card?
I've just seen details of a device which uses a TF card. Hadn't heard of this before so I tried to look it up but the information seems to be a bit garbled and different depending on where you look. I...
8
8

Purposed Hivac Neon
I must have had it since 1969 or 1970. It was a sample neon made by Hivac Ltd. I found it while repacking all my electronic components and modules prior to downsizing, many not touched since the...
2
2

Wanted - a way to get a cable through a hidden stud
I know it's a tall order but still I may as well ask... Is there any clever way of getting a cable through a hidden stud behind plasterboard? I want to feed a lamp from a switch mounted on an internal...
38
38

A lamp blew and then...
Kitchen has florries under the cupboards. Downlighters lighting the rest of the worktops. A central pendant light over the table. All incandescent. A 4 gang light switch at the door with three touch...
6
6

Extractor Fan Replacement - 100mm to 150mm
Hello all, and i do apologise in advance if this has been asked before, but have no reliable people to turn to here for this. Currently have an Airflow Loovent Eco 100mm extractor fan in the kitchen,...
8
8

Replacing the charging port on a Note 9
It looks like I need to replace the charging port on my Galaxy Note 9. The videos make it look straightforward but are there any gotchas?
4
4

switching electricity supplier without internet / smartmeter install
Today's task. Getting a pensioner off her standard rate tariff, doing it over the phone. She tried, and got quickly flustered and annoyed. Sticking point, all the fix rate deals from the current...
59
59

can an Indian ...
Can an Indian in a scamming call centre in wagga wagga who is trying to rip you off and steal all your money do you under hate crime for calling him a black bastard over the phone ?
21
21

Heat pumps - top tip.
Don't waste money on expensive air-source heat pumps, just put bottles of water in your freezer, then when frozen leave them outside to thaw before popping them back in the freezer.
4
4

any phone camera experts?
I have a problem with my phone (Samsung Ultra 21) and had the same problem with its predecessor, Samsung S9. At times when I try to take a photo or video I get the zoom bar along the bottom of the...
8
8

I think they are called paddles
On my 17 year old Indesit washing machine, attached to the inside of the drum are three plastic 'paddles' and each paddle has 6 thin grooved lugs on the base to slot in to the 24swg stainless drum....
13
13

An interesting article about the history of the '486' cpu
mixture of pictures and text Brian The 486 CPU Era – The Birth of Overclocking. – Part 1 | The CPU Shack Museum
23
23

Background radiation levels in England and Wales
But they don't want to learn anything do they ?
6
6

Obvious scam
An ad link on Ebay pages, which links to - are then invited to fill in a survey form, with then 3 chances to win an Iphone 11. You always win the Iphone 11, it then takes you to another page, where...
9
9

LED Lights - help anyone please?
I bought 4 of these for our kitchen: of them have failed, and Amazon have agreed that I should return the lot, including the replacements I bought. They are circular panels (36W 3240LM 4000K). In...
7
7