Subject Author Posted Replies

OT
Sad to say the scammers have won, they have made it incredibly difficult to operate a savings account on line, blast and damn them all.
72
72

TV Production sound
Having not got useful answers from the TV group, I'm going to try asking this here I'm currently watching reruns of Zen on Drama and the sound is decidedly off There's no sync between lip movements...
19
19

Chimney Bricks flaking
What is happening to my chimney stack bricks and why? is a non-working chimney though I don't know if that has always been the case. How do I fix it? Explore this photo album by Anthony4L on Flickr!
15
15

Humax remote stopped working
Now there's a coincidence. The one for my brother's Humax STB had been getting more and more iffy for ages. So they bought a new one off Ebay. And the old one has just arrived by post here - to see if...
3
3

Charging a LDV Convoy battery without popping the hood
A mate has left his van parked at mine. The last time I went to start it the battery was not fit. The hood does not pop to get to the batteries. I thought that I'd plug into the cigarette lighter and...
25
25

OT - binoculars with built in camers
Anybody used a set of binoculars with a built in camera. A few times recently whilst on my daily exercise I've seen things through the binoculars which would have been nice to capture. Also seen...
41
41

Fitting a lid damper/stay to an antique coffer
A new job has popped-up: making the lid of an antique oak coffer (blanket box) safe for kids. It would be easy to fit one of the off-the-peg stays but this "box" dates from the mid 1600s so I want to...
16
16

Working at heights - regulations
This is going on in the street opposite me at the moment. I'm pretty sure that the firm I used to work for would have frowned on this as a working practice. Does anyone have any comments on safety...
19
19

Sealing Cellar Walls
Any recommendations for coating/sealing cellar walls? I'd like to tidy up the appearance, and avoid the mess that builds up. The cellar has high humidity (always 70%+), and water will form if anything...
4
4

A GDP for nature: How measuring the health of the natural world might prevent the next pandemic
A GDP for nature: How measuring the health of the natural world might prevent the next pandemic By Laura H. Kahn, Feb 25, 2021, the Bulletin During the late 90s, the deadly Nipah virus emerged after...
1
1

JVC SMART ALEXA TV
Just noticed the remote for this is radio and not infra-red....are there any substitutes about...pig only having one remote....
11
11

Landlords and EICR
Some of us here are aware that landlords now have to have an EICR every five years on their rentals. So I went to do remedial work on a report that was done by another company. C1 Danger Present C2...
21
21

Humax remote stopped working
The Humax remote stopped working, and I was just about to throw it away and buy another when I thought I would google the problem. Who would have thought that you can reboot a remote control? Maybe,...
37
37

Pressure compensated drip pipe to replace soaker hose
As I mentioned in an earlier posting, I am looking to replace some soaker hose which is beginning to fail. I have now discovered another possible way to do it. I hadn't previously come across Pressure...
3
3

Amazonian Jobsworthiness
Having only just this week achieved the age of three score years and ten, there is no way that I could pass as being under 18 years old! But I've just taken delivery of an Amazon item that required...
4
4