Subject Author Posted Replies

Heat pumps - top tip.
Don't waste money on expensive air-source heat pumps, just put bottles of water in your freezer, then when frozen leave them outside to thaw before popping them back in the freezer.
4
4

any phone camera experts?
I have a problem with my phone (Samsung Ultra 21) and had the same problem with its predecessor, Samsung S9. At times when I try to take a photo or video I get the zoom bar along the bottom of the...
8
8

I think they are called paddles
On my 17 year old Indesit washing machine, attached to the inside of the drum are three plastic 'paddles' and each paddle has 6 thin grooved lugs on the base to slot in to the 24swg stainless drum....
13
13

An interesting article about the history of the '486' cpu
mixture of pictures and text Brian The 486 CPU Era – The Birth of Overclocking. – Part 1 | The CPU Shack Museum
23
23

Background radiation levels in England and Wales
But they don't want to learn anything do they ?
6
6

Obvious scam
An ad link on Ebay pages, which links to - are then invited to fill in a survey form, with then 3 chances to win an Iphone 11. You always win the Iphone 11, it then takes you to another page, where...
9
9

LED Lights - help anyone please?
I bought 4 of these for our kitchen: of them have failed, and Amazon have agreed that I should return the lot, including the replacements I bought. They are circular panels (36W 3240LM 4000K). In...
7
7

Re: "Who or What is Rod Speed?"
Does he live in Griffith 2680 or Griffith ACT? Who or What is Rod Speed? Rod Speed is an entirely modern phenomenon. Essentially, Rod Speed is an insecure and worthless individual who has...

OT Vets
Anybody else had a nice local vet for years low cost nothing ever forced on you then suddenly without notice you get messages saying injections are due that you never needed before and then they try...
18
18

DIY Medicine
Anybody else suffered from pruney fingers with no water ?...did B-12 help ? .....
26
26

How does it know?
I have a Philips PT860 rotary electric razor that takes HQ80 cutting heads. Every couple of years or so, a little three-point light comes on, telling me that the blades should be replaced. So I take...
47
47

Well that's the Christmas lights taken down
And that's enough DIY for this weekend.
8
8

Dissolving olive oil
Anyone have any idea what might remove burnt on olive oil please. I need to clean an air fryer. Hot soapy water will not touch it.
30
30

USB power question
On the PC desktop here (Gigabyte MB) the USB power is on at all times the PC is plugged into the mains. The separate web cam has a couple of LED indicators. I assume this is under BIOS control, but...
29
29

OT - London Taxis
Don't know why it came into my head - but I recall at one time London Taxis had an open luggage space on the nearside front. Was this in response to a ruling - or what is a whim of a maker?
21
21