Subject Author Posted Replies

Another retaining wall.
The recent thread about a retaining wall problem prompted me to post this picture of a very recently built retaining wall locally. I would be quite interested in opinions on it. My impression is that...
12
12

OT: Beware of Alexa
has anyone noticed the "random" letters on those links are usually naughty? Toyota announced they're adding Amazon Alexa as a feature in some of their cars, but will it be as convenient and helpful as...
3
3

Visibility inside microwave oven
Is there any way of getting a clear view of the inside of a microwave oven when it's working? Bill
13
13

Any Appley types around ?
SWMBO lifeline is an iPad pro. Trying to use a magnetic lightening connector to charge it. (1) Plug connector+magnetic insert into iPad - charges fine. Leave the tip in the iPad and remove and...
11
11

Sandbags for slope stabilistion
The upper part of the back garden is quite steep and during one of the storms early last year a whole heap of shrubbery, earth slipped down and over the retaining wall. A couple of trees were...
23
23

OT: Renewable bollox. and gridwatch
I got an email... > Hi. > Fantastic site. Just one thing: the wind gauge implies 15GW maximum for wind but various websites state it's now about 24GW (still useless, but there you are). > Cheers,...
34
34

List of Survival films -- Z.P.G., et. al.
List of Survival films The 33, 2015 127 Hours, 2010 Adrift, 2018 Against the Sun, 2014 Alive, 1993 All Is Lost, 2013 Antarctica, 1983 Apocalypto, 2006 Apollo 13, 1995 Arctic, 2018 Back from Eternity,...

Z.P.G. movie review, 1972
'Pied Piper' Anachronism: Title Role Taken by Donovan, Folk Singer & 'Z.P.G.,' on Population Growth, Shares Bill By Vincent Canby, 5/26/72, New York Times You wouldn't know by reading the ads but "The...

Re: Buy real registered drivers license onlineFAKE BANK NOTES,TEXT or Whatsup??..+1(720).248.8130
do you do fake amateur licences ?
1
1

Kitchen Mixer Tap
Mixer tap leaking from the bottom of the spout. Advice received; remove the grub screw from the back of the base and the spout will lift out. Replace the O-ring and bob's your uncle ... a 5 minute...
11
11

OT: Any Muscians on the Panel?
Something doesn't sound right about this song at approx. 1m29s there appears to be some sort of issue with the time signature. It's like it goes from 4/4 to 3/4 or something of that sort then back...
14
14

CH automatic bypass valve and filter
The cheapskate who installed out CH didn?t fit either, just a gate valve cracked open a bit, which gets a bit noisy as the TRVs throttle back. I?m about to fit a new pump and now seems like a good...
13
13

Paint Brand
Just had a guy look at out house to do some decorating (I can't be arsed and have some spare beer tokens) He was saying he likes paint by Tikkurila. anyone heard of this and have any views?
1
1

Decking
loved it Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
39
39

Painting Shed Interior
Hi I have a garden shed recently purchased. Standard shiplap diptreated. I have already painted the exterior after it was assembled last early autumn with creosote. As the weather now improves, I'm...
3
3