35 mm copper elbows to be found purchased on Christmas Eve in London

Dear All Technically, tomorrow is a working day and unlike (apparently) the rest of the country I need to work! As Anglesey (where I am on site) has closed down, and where anyway I have cleaned them out of 35 mm elbows, I am back in London for Christmas day and have to buy 10 No 35 mm copper elbows and hopefully four 3m lengths of pipe not to mention a 1/2" BSP male iron to 15mm copper connector

Does anyone know of any source private or commercial within an hour of central London? Chris

Reply to
mail

Southall is probably your only chance on Xmas Day but I imagine the sheds will be open Xmas Eve.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Why Southall?

Reply to
Andy Hall

don't know about their London branches, but my local one is open 8-1 tomorrow, and again a.m. only on Thursday and Friday.

Reply to
Autolycus

Primarily Asian. I doubt whether very much shuts down for Xmas.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Followers of the Prophet don't celebrate Christmas.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

In message , Andy Hall writes

A large proportion of the population bother a different god ?

presumably

Reply to
geoff

Just the profit.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Islington/Hackney? There's a demolition reclaim shop here (north side of Bulls Pond Road, on the eastern half of the road):

has loads of unused 35mm (and going very much larger) copper solder fittings. You'd have to rummage through piles of bins to find what you want though. I haven't seen any copper tube in there though. No idea if it's open Monday, and I haven't a clue what the name is, sorry.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

RS trade counters will probably be open - no idea how much stock they typically carry of that sort of stuff though rswww.com

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Dear All Thanks to all who responded. Success! had to go to Beckenham for the elbows but Wandsworth had the tubing. Best wishes all Chris

Reply to
mail