Subject Author Posted Replies

will 22mm WHITE PEX pipe fit inside this 25mm black conduit?
I had a 10 pack of 3m x 22mm diameter White PEX barrier pipe lying about in the garage. It has now been used as part of a 30 m long irrigation system clipped to a dark brown wood fence with 22mm Push...
6
6

System Maintenance Notification in Win 10
I have a Windows notification which says "system maintenance" with a red circle and an X in it. I have never seen this before, does anyone know what it means ?. Andrew
9
9

Any experience with Screwfix "Turbo Outdoor" yet?
I'm still looking for alternatives to the discontinued Turbo Ultra screws. Has anyone used Screwfix's Turbo Outdoor screws yet, for a reasonable length of time to see if they really *are* good...

diy smart multiway trailing socket.
Reading all this I'm glad I have an old house with a cellar, so was able to do what I wanted hard wired and with a couple of relays. ;-)
1
1

diy smart multiway trailing socket.
Adding to my Home Automation thing that seems to be going pretty well so far (good lockdown project ) and with my interest spiked by mate getting a 3 way TP-Link smart trailing socket (KP303) that...
74
74

OT: Howard Leader's programme on BBC Radio Lincolnshire
Howard Leader has presented the Sunday afternoon programme of 1930s, 40s, and 50s music for twenty years, and he had a predecessor (whose name I can't remember) who was also long-serving. Next week's...
18
18

Car clock
How does my car clock work? It cannot be quartz or radio controlled as it runs slightly fast. It cannot be synchronous because the supply is DC. Is there any form of adjustment to get it to run to...
59
59

How many times will whatsapp ask me to accept their new terms
The new terms require my data to be shared across facebook, but I keep rejecting that luxury. I have signal and telegraph messinger apps set up ready.
7
7

Installing patio on feet/ legs/ pedestals
Hi All, I am finally getting around to sorting out our patio. I am thinking of using porcelain tiles and have seen these feet/ legs/ pedestal things which you put under the tiles rather than cementing...
4
4

Oiling of garage door
A new motor was installed for my Everest Garage door in 2010. The door needs oiling or greasing. I am unable to do this myself. Could an engineer come when working in the area? BA1 5TG
4
4

Feeding audio into HDMI
My setup in the workshop is a bit weird. This old Acorn and a modern PC share a monitor - DVI input - via a DVI KVM switch. So all the video is DVI, and works just fine. I have a splitter in the...
4
4

lithium explosion
from Jan 2021 but posted on Pi day fpr some reason. This video is the copyright property of D Stuart, who has approved its use on this channel. It may not be copied and used elsewhere without his...
5
5

3 port motorised valve question
Is the a power off ?bias? with 3 port valves? I?ve been idly looking around for ?normally open? two port valves for bypass purposes but they?re relatively silly money due to low demand. It occurred to...
14
14

OT Anyone else have anything to remember the last 12 months with
It's a day to the year since the hotel served breakfast in polystyrene containers outside the room door with a note that the hotel was closed after breakfast.
8
8

Glue on Ceramic Tiles
Does anyone know a product to help remove No Nails style adhesive from ceramic tiles, please?
1
1