Subject Author Posted Replies

De-ice the car properly!
I had a new job on top of my to-do list yesterday morning. Ice and frozen snow on the screen, snapped my scraper jabbing away at it, so I poured some tepid water on it and hit the wipers upon which...
87
87

Telegraph Posts
(are they still called that) BT Openreach have been doing some work in my area (Fibre?) and on my daily walks I have noticed some poles have at the base a 20mm diameter rod or tube abutting the post...
6
6

National mourning?
Who decides that everybody should be sad for eight days over Prince Philip? I'm not gleeful, but I can't say that I'm properly glum, either. How do I get into the mood?
18
18

Intermittent kettling from heating boiler
Why would a heating boiler make frequent kettling noises lasting a week or two and then they stop completely? Perhaps returning after a couple of months. Is scale and gunk accumulating in the heat...
3
3

OT: more PC insanity
From "The Week": University tutors are being told not to mark down work for spelling mistakes because insisting on correct English could be seen as ?homogenous north European, white, male, elite?. The...
121
121

ANAGRAM of Franklin Delano Roosevelt:
ANAGRAM of Franklin Delano Roosevelt: Frankenstein, or a love doll?
6
6

Climbing plat recommendations
Since spring is nearly here, I could do with getting something planted in the raised beds I built when I stuck the patio back together last year: would be interested in some planting...
13
13

App connected pressure washer?
Karcher are advertising an app connected pressure washer - I cannot imagine what purpose that might serve?
11
11

Further expansion vessel issues
I recharged the expansion vessel on my unvented HW system the other day and since then we?ve had occasions when we?re getting a ?water hammer? that lasts for about 5-6 seconds. Starts off at a lowish...
3
3

Win10 Sharing.
Got another problem would like help with. And yes, I have Googled. Gave up trying to get this PC to dual boot Win10 and Win7. Win7 is on its own SSD. Win10 on a new SSD and using EFI boot. So decided...
6
6

shed design
Shed no 3 on the design board. This time I'll make it big enough though I have no doubt whatever the size it will get filled up On a 4m x 4m concrete base, either a pent roof, like its siblings or a...

Replacing flourescent tubes with LEDs
,,, is it as simple as removing the old tube and putting the new one in place with starter and ballast becoming just straight links ?
41
41

Combi Controller With WiFi?
Is a heating/hot water controller with WiFi a thing? I can't find anything like that. I'm looking for a two channel (heat and hot water) programmer that can turn those two functions on an off to a...
9
9

Cine Editors
Hi All, I am considering purchasing a second hand Cine Editor (viewer). Some listings state that they are dual (8mm and Super 8),some just say 8mm. Is it the case that they would all work with both...
11
11

Home automation project battery charger spinoff.
Playing with a 4 way relay board to make a 'Smart' 4 way trailing socket the other day and also getting a mobility scooter in the back garden hooked up to a charger indoors, got me thinking about all...