Subject Author Posted Replies

mdf scares
This from FelderOwner group I think worrying about MDF is misguided. Its sawdust bound with a urea-formaldehyde resin. In a garden, the resin won't be absorbed by plants or mammals. It's too big to...

Improving small soakaway - best size/shape of material to use?
Hi all we have a small paved area in a corner of our property which get's a lot of rainfall. There is a small 'soakaway' (not sure if that is the correct term) in a corner of this area, leading to the...
9
9

Strengthening a wheel clamp
My wheelclamps look great but actually the metal is square tube about 30x30x1.5. A battery angle grinder with a thin wheel would be through it in a flash. Ideas please for making it harder for the...
8
8

Does this guy read uk.d-i-y ?
He seems to be talking about our beloved righttard conspiracy theorist loons. In this episode we discuss the recent multi-story car park fire at Luton airport and how everyone seemed desperate to link...
4
4

International conflicts and emissions
I wonder how much emissions are being pumped into the worlds atmosphere by conflicts in Ukraine and Gaza ? And more interestingly the fact that no one cares. Another reason to swerve this greeny...
11
11

adblocker youtube
given that I don't pay for anything on the internet and that I can't watch adverts and will not pay for 'creators' having fun....that is the end of me watching youtube since they sent me this morning...
11
11

Bio washing powder. how hot before you kill it?
We’ve been experimenting with low temperature washes and have discovered that one of the limiting factors is that the powder just doesn’t dissolve at low temperatures. I could just buy liquid...
9
9

To quieten a washing machine?
I have a washing machine on a concrete floor in my upstairs flat that I want to quieten so that I can use it at night when power is less expensive. It's currently inserted into a built in cupboard gap...
24
24

Replacing wheels on wheelie bin
I have a baby wheelie bin which is only about 2' 6" high. I use it to prevent birds and other animals breaking into the kitchen waste black bag which I have to leave near the corner of my property for...
19
19

Thunderbird 115 reading pane previews
I saw a method to stop this in an earlier thread, using settings configuration, but the setting was absent, in my configuration.... Reading newsgroups, click on the first post in a thread, and the...
3
3

Yellowing Paint
A while ago dulux sold white gloss that yellowed if not exposed to sunlight. Turns out there are 4 tins of this in stock, opening one shows it has yellowed a bit in the can. If they're used outdoors...
8
8

Solvent Weld to Pushfit Waste
I have a run of solvent weld waste which needs to connect into a soil stack fitted with a pushfit boss. McAlpine do a Pushfit to Solvent Weld adapter: it is the wrong way around. Does anyone know of...
11
11

Be careful folks
With ageing parents, I've had many visits to A&E over the last 10+ years, and also in hospital on my own account (although not A&E). I do get a bit of bizarre entertainment from time to time....
10
10

My DVR
Here is the correct link Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again! Dropbox is a free service that...

Slots - do I need a plunge router?
I have many lengths of 120mm x 120mm box section PVC which is 4mm thick and I need to cut vertical slots in two opposite sides. The slots are 4mm wide and 110mm long ie almost the compleye height of...
8
8