Subject Author Posted Replies

Underpinning - typical cost?
Can anyone tell me roughly how much underpinning can cost please? It is a bog-standard brick 1930's house, 3-bed detached. The previous owners told me that it had been 'monitored' but nothing was...
13
13

Straightening bowed ply
Hi All, I have built the base units for my study out of 18mm ply and when I went to fit them today one of the sides has bowed (i.e. top and bottom are fine but the centre goes into the cupboard more...
10
10

Plug sockets in cupboard
Hi All, The study project continues and now looking at the electrics. Where the cupboards are going, there are some plug sockets on the wall which I intend to move into the cupboards for printers as...
25
25

micro switch suggestions?
I have a max/min thermometer which uses 2 AA batteries for a digital display. It doesn't have a re-set switch which mean the only way to reset it is remove one of the batteries. I'd like to attach a...
6
6

rewinding tractor starter motor
I had a mishap this week when the main terminal on a tractor starter motor became loose and rotated allowing it to contact the motor winding terminal, while the engine was running. I didn't notice...
14
14

Erbauer impact driver
Srew bit stuck in drill

Silly Bergers
"Engineers are working around the clock to clear a ?monster? fatberg 1km long which is clogging a sewer in Birmingham. The blockage is not expected to be removed until June, water services company...
31
31

SOT: injection process (computer)
Whenever I run CCleaner, I now receive a warning about an injection process taking place (coming from Bitdefender). If I acknowledge this, I receive a message 'Injection Process Ignored' and...
11
11

Other side and a down the line view of Yosser's wall
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/a/ad/Shitwall3.jpg http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/images/8/84/Shitwall2.jpg
14
14

Multiple front door locks
The main door of my flat has 2 yale type locks and a Mortice lock. The mortice lock key is the only one I ever received. It's only when the plumber came to do some work that I realised the possible...
24
24

Cracks in walls?
When it was freezing cold over winter I noted that our back doors were catching, but they've since sorted themselves out. I'm aware that's not unusual. Recently I've noticed a crack in some plaster...
10
10

Greying ceiling above boiler
The ceiling and wall/ceiling corner above our boiler is slightly grey having got that way over some years from previously 'is the ceiling a bit grey there' to now 'it definitely is, yes'. There's no...
8
8

Thinking abut a cordless hedgetrimmer
I'm cross--posting to DIY and to Gardening. I have had two Bosch AHS 55-26 (corded) hedgetrimmers in the last 10 years. I cut a lot of hedging, in three different gardens, and this is a great cutter:...
66
66

OT opening an Excel document stored on Google Drive
A friend of mine works from home since last March and they use Google Drive to store stuff and Google Sheets for spreadsheets. Problem is some stuff needs to be in Excel as some "customers" can't use...
19
19

PC Power supply
The power supply in my home build low profile HTPC has become very noisy. It is a Zalman ZM500-GT 500W and very good until recently. I want to replace it with a low noise job but do not want to spend...
17
17