Subject Author Posted Replies

How come? Firefox upgrade slows browsing.
Each time Firefox downloads one of its automatic updates, until the update is installed, browsing in Firefox comes almost to a painful standstill. I notice a similar issue with Win10 updates, once...
4
4

Garage Roof Advice
I need to replace a very leaky old garage roof, which is currently in corrugated asbestos sheets (I think they're asbestos anyway). I'm aware of the disposal process for old asbestos roof and I have...
15
15

How to fix wooden handrail to wall?
I need to fix an oval cross section stair handrail to a brick wall. The handrail will meet the wall at 90 degrees, so think like a plastering hawk where the flat part is the wall and the handle is the...
45
45

128GB U3 microSD Card for Nextbase dashcam
Nextbase want £63. Other makes are much cheaper. The most expensive I've found is Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB microSDXC Memory Card at £27. Which shall I buy? Anyone with concrete evidence that the...
4
4

FFS
Love ketchup and want to enjoy an elegant breakfast? Add a sterling silver ketchup bottle lid, this will fit a 342g bottle. Please note, the item comes as lid only and without the contents. Perfect...
24
24

thingsRe: I am being told that vertical radiators are not as efficient for the same volumetric flow as horizontal radiators.
So we lost the subject then?

Kobalt .5 hp cement mixer
Starts as it should but stops once start button is released
1
1

tinning steel
I was helping out a chap that collects military vehicles from the 70s. A coolant reservoir had developed a pin prick rust hole fairly near a seam. Initial inspection made me think it was basically a...
7
7

OLED TV.
Anyone got one and care to advise? My new laptop has an OLED screen, and is so much better than the previous LCD. Especially not changing with viewing angle. I have looked at what's available, but not...
12
12

Well that's annoying/educational!
Following some part Q housing development here, I re-gained possession of a 60' x 15' steel frame lean-to. Having already erected it twice, once as originally intended and a second time after an...
2
2

How can you stop static builtd up.
Does anyone know of a spray or something to stop static. We have a swivel chair, one of those well padded Executive sort in fake leather, probably pvc of some kind, and it seems whatever clothing I...
13
13

Charging Jump Starter Pack
Would it be OK to charge on of these: starter/compressor/light/USB) by connecting the jump leads to a car battery charger, rather than use the supplied AC adapter?
30
30

OT Knackered wind turbine
Passed it on the way home today. the location. Google Maps File:Windturbinefailure.jpg - DIYWiki
20
20

Best way to fix broken step?
The outer end of a step has broken off. See first photo. I'd probably replace the whole slab, but it continues under the steps above and supports them. See second photo. Is there a way of repairing...
15
15

Size of hole in water butt for connector
Wearing my "long time since I did this" hat. I have a connector kit to join two water butts. The diameter of the non-threaded bit is 24mm. Outer diameter of the thread is 25.64 mm. So do you cut the...
16
16