Subject Author Posted Replies

Looking for a hand operated drill bit holder
Used to see this on sale but can't find any suitable for holding standard twist drills from about 1mm to 4mm, 5mm if possible. Mostly for use as a 'spot face cutter' for stripboard but would be handy...
8
8

Dremel style mini tool - recommendations?
I have a mains powered multi tool which is very useful for stuff like cutting between floorboards, but is still a bit brutal. I'm looking for something to do more delicate work like cut a plastic...
13
13

Word for making a bad connection?
Contact bounce. Switch bounce. Caused by elastic components bouncing like a rubber ball.
3
3

Wireless World & Radiio Constructor
I have the following bound volumes that need a good home. Wireless World Bound Volumes ============================ Oct 1956 to May 1958 Jul 1958 to Feb 1960 Mar 1960 to Dec 1961 Jan to Dec 1962 Jan...
14
14

Hawker Hunter's for Peru
I watched this excellent, moving Nae Pasaran last night. the blurb: Forty years after their peaceful act of solidarity, Scottish factory workers discover the incredible impact of their action. In...
1
1

Intel Optane HDD
I have just bought myself a new/refurbished laptop, which is supposed to have an Intel Optane HDD system. Optane is a 16Gb SSD buffer/ 1Gb HDD. It shows in Control Panel as an Optane + HDD. Reading up...
16
16

Small inspection hatch for pipe joint in concrete floor?
My 10mm oil pipe runs through the garage floor slab (in a screed-filled channel) and I need to re-route one end, but this will need a compression elbow. I don't want to bury the elbow in screed so...
10
10

Pulling a main fuse safely
This is possibly gonna sound a bit wimpish but I?ve never pulled a 100 amp main fuse before but I?m beginning to think that it might be worth a shot to try and ? reboot? my smart meter which has lost...
56
56

Old concrete sectional building, roof conversion apex to flat.
I came by an old concrete double garage, which had an apex roof, and I want to convert it to a flat roof. 2.5m max height applies. I had thought it would be a good idea to cut the existing trusses (a...
15
15

strange mauve cast on youtube video
I've borrowed one of those cheap £50 4k 360 deg experience cameras and was hoping to use it to get a 180 pano shots , rather than spend £300+ on a go Pro. So after messing about and finding I...
7
7

Most absurd lie on a product
cordless vacuum cleaner? Running off what looks like 2 18650 Li Ion batteries. So since those are about 4V each, that's 150 amps from one battery. I'm not so sure that's going to work....
71
71

Ordering prescription specs online
I have surveyed several on line suppliers of prescription spectacles and found that most seem to use a similar web page arrangement and source the ordered item from the US, although through a UK...
26
26

New laser required,where to get one
Hi require a new laser for my saw anyone know where to get one thanks.
2
2

Blocked toilet - now after flush nearly all water exits
I've not had much experience of blocked toilets I'm glad to say - solving them has been limited to pouring a bucket of water in from a height or using a plunger. I had to do one recently that was...
4
4

Vitodens 200
Trusty old Viessmann gave up the ghost yesterday. Flashing fault light. All my heating info is in the same folder which wasn't with the other ones. Typical. I self installed this boiler in the...
3
3