Subject Author Posted Replies

Think that your plastic is being recycled? Think again.
Think that your plastic is being recycled? Think again. By Douglas Main, Oct 12, 2023, MIT Technology Review & National Geographic On a Saturday last summer, I kayaked up a Connecticut river from the...

floating shelf - too wide
I bought a floating shelf knowing that it was fractionally too wide. Here is a link to the advert. It should be one line. hope was that I could heat one end with an electric iron. I could and did but...
13
13

Tool kit - cordless stuff.
I am ,looking to get myself ( for Christmas) a set of tools. I am sick of asking OH for anything. I have a little rolson ( came from B&M) tool kit with hammer, screwdriver, spanner , tape measure in...
22
22

OT-ish - bugs
We recently moved into a bungalow that had been stood empty for just over 12 months. The garden is a reasonable size and behind us are some trees, screening us from a main road. I've recently noticed...
18
18

How to make a phonecall correctly
Why don't people give me a chance to answer the phone? There's more than 1 millisecond between me answering it, and pressing the speaker button (or lifting to my ear) to say hello. I don't expect them...
57
57

Hybrid SDD HDD, replacing with large SDD
An HP laptop which uses a small SDD 128Mb, large HDD, I have never opened it up to take a look, but might it be possible to swap out both, for a single SDD, or just swap the HDD for a SDD? It was my...
4
4

FB Market holiday/vacation mode
I've a few items for sale on the Market, but I am away at the moment - I know there is an holiday mode, but where is the switch please?

Trying to recover Farcebook account after hijack
This is a new one: You’re Temporarily Blocked a.. It looks like you were misusing this feature by going too fast. You’ve been temporarily blocked from using it. b.. If you think that this doesn't...
2
2

Glow-Worm Climapro 2 - controlling
Afternoon all, Where I am living, many houses have been fitted with a variety of Glow-Worm boilers - at least the majority of which have Climapro 2 controller/thermostats. Everyone hates them. (Worst...
5
5

mdf scares
This from FelderOwner group I think worrying about MDF is misguided. Its sawdust bound with a urea-formaldehyde resin. In a garden, the resin won't be absorbed by plants or mammals. It's too big to...

Improving small soakaway - best size/shape of material to use?
Hi all we have a small paved area in a corner of our property which get's a lot of rainfall. There is a small 'soakaway' (not sure if that is the correct term) in a corner of this area, leading to the...
9
9

Strengthening a wheel clamp
My wheelclamps look great but actually the metal is square tube about 30x30x1.5. A battery angle grinder with a thin wheel would be through it in a flash. Ideas please for making it harder for the...
8
8

Does this guy read uk.d-i-y ?
He seems to be talking about our beloved righttard conspiracy theorist loons. In this episode we discuss the recent multi-story car park fire at Luton airport and how everyone seemed desperate to link...
4
4

International conflicts and emissions
I wonder how much emissions are being pumped into the worlds atmosphere by conflicts in Ukraine and Gaza ? And more interestingly the fact that no one cares. Another reason to swerve this greeny...
11
11

adblocker youtube
given that I don't pay for anything on the internet and that I can't watch adverts and will not pay for 'creators' having fun....that is the end of me watching youtube since they sent me this morning...
11
11