Subject Author Posted Replies

EICR
Hi, I've just had an EICR performed on a property that I let. I wasn't present during the test and my tenant has reported the following back to me (I'm too impatient to wait for the full report which...
35
35

Steam Gift Card scam?
A friend has asked me to buy £00 worth 0f Steam gift cards as a present for her niece, and asks that I scratch off the backs to reveal PIN numbers, and then send a photo of them to her. This sounds...
30
30

Lapolla
Hi all, I was cold called by someone trying to get me interested in spraying foam called "lapolla" onto the underside my roof. I declined. Anyone have any expreience or expert knowledge of this...
9
9

Strange (and very annoying !!!!!) lockup
Any known bugs here? ... W10 with FireFox Usually in the evening. I'll look at both of my gmail accounts, but when signing out of the second, the laptop freezes with the disk light on. There's no...
23
23

Ceramic Sink rust appearing
We have a very old white ceramic sink and draining board unit. Rust is beginning to appear between the white enamel sink bottom and the stainless steel sink drain hole. Could anyone recommend a course...
4
4

Ventilation
Got a vent in the floor for 20years is it still legal

Optically transparent covering?
I have added an ambient light level sensor to my Home Assistant setup and it seems to work very well (snapshot taken just now). 've currently got it on an internal South facing windowsill so it will...
22
22

Moving appliances
I need to move some heavy appliances - washing machine, fridge freezer etc - by a few dozen metres (hard surface), including over a door sill. Can anyone recommend what's the best way to do this...
29
29

OT - priced to sell in bulk
for £10.90 2 for £24.99 3 for £39.99 No, I don't understand it. Cheers Dave R Muck Buckets & Builders Tubs | Fabric type: 100% Cotton
10
10

Cutting Copper Beech Roots for a trench?
Advice please on possibly cutting a trench through up to a fifth of this tree's roots please... Is there a way to do this without seriously injuring this wonderful tree? Where on the internet or in...
9
9

Re: New Heating System
I was surprised to see the radiator distribution manifold made up with 22mm pipe and 15mm cross couplings.

?Outstalling? a CH boiler
People often comment here on the inadvisability of installing a gas boiler oneself due to building regs, possible effects on house insurance etc. However, if you were to ?outstall? a boiler, I.e. fit...
41
41

Fan oven motor
Turned my oven on tonight and the fan just hummed and didn?t spin. Turned it off and spun it with a stick poked through the slots and it ran fine after that. I?m guessing it?s on its way out but was...
9
9

age
figure 4. if the link works National and subnational mid-year population estimates for the UK and its constituent countries by administrative area, age and sex.
13
13

Christchurch gable end collapse
no-one was passing underneath at the time. The movement of the small tree on the right and the dust indicates a strong wind blowing right to left. It seems to me that there were no restraining straps...
4
4