Subject Author Posted Replies

virgin and o2
I'm sure that 02 were perfectly capable of making cockups anyway, so you might not see much of a change. Brian
4
4

Water butt connector
Anyone come across a source for a *leak proof* bulkhead fitting for standard 68mm rainwater pipe? I am fitting out and old galvanised tank for rainwater harvesting (first job, glass fibre the inside...
14
14

Just been reminded why Virgin "super" hubs aren't ...
In fact they are shit. Trust TP Link router finally gave up the ghost - predictably at the most inconvenient moment. Have a replacement due tomorrow. As a stop gap, I figured I could switch my VM...
25
25

Premium Bonds
Well that is five £25 wins in five months since I started...is this normal ?
43
43

Flat roof - again.
Heavy rain all yesterday shows my flat roof is leaking again. It's felt, and about 30 years old. Been 'fixed' a few times, but time to replace. The deck is good quality ply, so hoping that is still...
24
24

Removing facebook in total from my computer
Is there an easy way to remove it in total from my computer please?
25
25

Towbar mounted bike rack problem
I have a Witter bike rack that attaches to the towbar. You put it on and at first it?s all loose and of course will lift off, then you tighten a big bolt which at first is really easy as it goes round...
16
16

OT: ATTN: Rod Speed: Alexa et al listen in on you.
Is it true that your phone listens to your private conversations? We conducted a small test to find out.
8
8

Integrated Dishwasher with fixed panel underneath
I am looking for a like for like replacement for my 20 year old integrated dishwasher. However, my setup might not be normal as I don't have a full height door attached to my current fully integrated...
8
8

Fish and Chips - How come?
How come the nearer you get to the source of the fish, the more expensive it becomes and no matter where you are in the UK? At home, 60 miles from the coast, pensioners special F&C £3.60. Whitby,...
53
53

How to hide screws in a wooden deck?
Hi We are replacing some decking and have the boards delivered. The previous deck was installed by the builder's chippie about 12 years ago. We have started taking the old boards off. The screws,...
22
22

Long bolts.
I need 240mm M8 coach bolts (or roofing bolts). These do not seem to be available. If I use studding (threaded bar), how can I make a coach bold styne domed head on one end? Any other ideas? These to...
18
18

OT: Online prescriptions. Better than Boots?
I think that's the way it works, I assume there are government/NHS guidelines that say doctors can't prescribe for more than a month at a time. Don't you notice you only have (say) a week's worth...
24
24

M6 Toll
Part of the M6 going past Birmingham was closed yesterday evening presumably for road works. In these circumstances should the M6 toll be free? I used the toll road and there was very little traffic...
4
4

Re: senility
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 22:32:39 +0200, Peeler wrote: I wonder if he will be able to get his tongue back out? Cheers, T i m
1
1