30mm cherry knobs

My Google-fu has deserted me.

I'm refurbishing my kitchen and I'm looking for 20 off 30mm diameter cherry cupboard knobs. The best I've found so far is to buy pine ones, stain them with cherry wood stain and then polish them.

Can anyone suggest a supplier who can supply these?

Reply to
Huge

Is 32mm close enough?

Reply to
Andy Burns

32mm would be fine - 35mm is just slightly too big.

And that looks like the kind of thing, although I'd prefer them finished (i.e. polished), thanks.

Reply to
Huge

Capitol

Not 30mm, but I was surprised to see 25mm finished cherry wood knobs on ebay, new at £12.11 for 25 off or £40.25 for 200 off! (Plus postage from USA.)

You could build them up to 30mm with a few wraps of gaffer tape.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

If they're like the pine ones that I got from TS, the inset brass bit just wasn't up to the job. Long before the screw was tight enough to stop easy rotation of the knob the insert was coming out. I reckon a sharpish pull with a laden drawer would have just removed the knob. I used 2 screws right through. Trying to glue in the insert was no good as the wood was too soft - is beech harder?

Reply to
PeterC

NOTHING bar balsawood is softer than pine is

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

All my beech ones are still fully functional after 5 years.

Reply to
Capitol

There is the canoe tree, or cuipo, which is about 1/4 the hardness of balsa.

Reply to
Nightjar