Subject Author Posted Replies

QUORA: Why has capitalism failed to end homelessness?
QUORA: Why has capitalism failed to end homelessness? by Saulius Muliolis, Amateur economist, self taught Austrian school. May 16, 2021 Because it hasn?t been allowed to. In the housing sector, we...

screenwasher jets
The screenwasher jets on the motorhome were blocked. Usually I can unblock them easily with a bit of wire. This time was different. Usually there is a bit of a dribble, which shows that the pump is...
13
13

Silver plating.
Was watching a repair shop the other day, and saw some chemically applied silver plating. Would this be suitable for plating some copper electrical contacts (low voltage) that get dirty/oxidised...
21
21

Flat roof - again.
A question for you roofing experts. On this flat roof, all the rainwater is directed to one side and the front. That has a lobby beneath it, so a sloping slate roof down to above the door to the roof...

Vertical radiator on single stud?
Hi, I have an internal, decorated plasterboard wall with poor studding: 120cm from its left end, there is a 22mm wide (i.e., as measured horizontally parallel to the wall) stud, then a 38mm stud (the...
6
6

More electrical Qs: FCU fuse rating
I have some B10 MCBs feeding single electric heaters which are connected via FCUs with 13A fuses. Max heater rating is 2kW. As discrimination isn't an issue (only one load per MCB), should the fuses...
4
4

Coal - Ratcliffe on Soar today
Went past the Ratcliffe on Soar power station today. Seemed to have all 4 boilers running at 0800, and then again at around 1500 though harder to tell as the weather had warmed up a bit. Can't see...
4
4

Cae electronics; my good deed for the day?
Sitting on the bog with window open because of the weather. noticed a car on the green opposite with one rear light turned on. Went to the bog again a couple of hours later (Pepsi Max is a diuretic?)...
18
18

Boiler being serviced - preparation?
My old (2006?) Baxi 105HE combi boiler is going to be serviced, new guy, next week. I skipped last year's service after some disappointing work from the regular guy. He has said he will do the...
4
4

Diversity
Quick question please. What is "diversity" when applied to a radial with one FCU load?
4
4

Replacing MCB
Typically, or more specifically an MK Sentry CU, can you replace an MCB without dropping the busbar from all the other MCBs?
10
10

Solar reflective film?
Has anyone ever fitted this to their windows? What was the overall effect of doing so? I was chatting with the sales rep and they said that it doesn't stop the solar heating effect heat the room to...
57
57

Soggy worktop behind kitchen sink
Recently had a new sink replacement set into one of those worktops made of composite fibrous material with a mock granite resin surface. The strip of worktop along the back of the cutout for the sink...
17
17

TOT backup software
Recommendations for backup software for a win10 PC to network drive - with the possibility of cloning the disk. I have been using acronis for many years but their (paid for) 2021 version now includes...
8
8

"I need a new laptop....."
"It's overheating and......." "Bring it home, i'll have a look at it" Windows, password is "password", Defender turned off. Trying to enable defender just pulls up file manager. FFS
40
40