Subject Author Posted Replies

Lead water pioe
On 28/06/2021 19:40, Steve Walker wrote:> people generally flush the toilet and wash their hands before taking a drink in the morning. That way lies disaster. I generally try to leave it until noon at...
8
8

One for car electronic types.
Social meja pal living in NI has a Range Rover. Circa 1990. Injection is Lucas 14 CUX. Ignition self contained with distributor. The only connection between the ignition and injection is a tach (RPM)...
7
7

Smoke alarm recommendations
I am looking for recommendations for wireless smoke and heat alarms which will comply with the forthcoming Scottish Government Regulations. Scottish Government guidance on changes to the law relating...
24
24

Fixing overlapped edges of ceiling lining paper
When some previous owner put lining paper on the ceiling of the room I'm decorating they overlapped several of the edges by a couple of millimetres. From looking-around it seems the accepted fix is to...
5
5

Dual RCD CU split suggestions
I have a CU with an 80A and 63A RCDs. Soon I'll have the following circuits to split across these RCDs: B32 cooker/hob B32 kitchen ring B32 ground ring B32 upstairs ring B6 kitchen lights B6 ground...
3
3

Glyphosate study concludes it's safe.
<> A new report out of the European Union confirms what scientists have known for decades: the weed killer glyphosate poses minimal risk to human health and the environment.
2
2

OT: Speculation as to reason for the Florida high-rise collapse.
I don't know what this geology effect is called, but Miami , Florida would be one of the first regions of the world I'd expect to show it . I saw a TV prog a month ago, that explained something that...
54
54

"Sticking" roof tiles and stone patio slabs with mortar
Is there a trick to make red roof tiles and stone patio slabs stick to mortar? We have a low wall which has a row of S-shaped red roof tiles set into mortar at 45 degrees to the horizontal along the...
6
6

Light: half inch clearance
It has been proposed to mount a ceramic uplighter onto the top of a wooden doorframe - the main exit door. That would leave half an inch clearance between door opening and bottom of light fitting....

Outdoor light or not?
Does this count as an outdoor light needing its own circuit, or can it be on the same circuit as the indoor lights? It's a loo that's built onto the house but is only accessible by walking outdoors....
3
3

Bollocks - a parting gift for the old van
Thing is, vans are not sentient beings, so you are wasting your time. Brian
9
9

USB ports - laptop and NodeMCU Pyflasher
Older laptop with three USB ports managed to find and write software to a CH340 using Pyflasher. New laptop does the bing/bong as a CH340 is connected, but Pyflasher fails to show a com port, to...
5
5

LAP LED GU10
Does anyone know the difference between GU10 bulbs labelled 18W18 and 18W35? Both are 5W 4000k, 345lm, 36 degrees.
2
2

OT: eBikes
Has anyone got any experience with eBikes in general they would care to pass on? For starters I was toying with the idea of getting one for my wife, and possibly if that works out, perhaps me. However...
29
29

size of O-ring for classic spring-loaded desoldering pump
Hi All I have one of the 'classic' (to my eyes) spring-loaded desoldering pumps from the '80s, green in colour, probably bought from RS or Farnell. I don't think the actual model is made any more. The...
9
9