Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: video recommendation
If I'd noticed this was 2 hours long, I wouldn't have started watching it, but if you've watched any Andrew Camarata videos before you might like this chap ... <>
8
8

Octopus - won 8+8 points :-)
I've just won twice on their Wheel of Fortune. 8 points on the first spin, 8 more on the second spin. I wonder what the points are worth, or what you need to do with them? You seem to get two free...
10
10

Any Panasonic Lumix experts out there
I have a Lumix G9. With a 7Artisans 7.5mm lens attached, (giving 15mm equivalent,)and the drive mode dial set at single shot I get a normal wide angle image. With the drive mode dial set at 64/4k ai...
3
3

Mucked something up Thunderbird
Latest version... Used only as a newsreader... Once I have read posts in a thread, they disappear from the thread, only the unread ones show. How do I set it, so they all show, please? I did have it...
33
33

Static damage - electronics
Over the last weekend, I attemped to replace an Optane 16Gb SSD with a 256Gb M.2 SSD, as a way to speed up my laptop. Idea was the Optane was an hybrid system, Optane plus 1Tb HDD, which would become...
19
19

Greedy Bastards
Hi John, We're getting in touch because the minimum term of your Home Broadband plan ends on 29 November 2023. At that point the cost of your monthly package will change from £37.51 to £43.51 a...
9
9

Brake linings
Anyone remember drum brakes? ISTR it was generally said at the time, back in the day, that if those linings got brake fluid on them, they were fucked and only fit for the bin. Is that true? I'd have...
8
8

Whole freezer contents spoiled, how to dispose?
Any creative ideas on where to get rid of a bulk lot of spoiled food? Harrow Council will only freely collect 7 Litres a week, or 23 litres if I buy a new bin at a cost of £78. Council also have gone...
18
18

Why we can't rely on wind
I've heard all this guff about how it's clean and green, but I've just gone off and found some data. A years worth from bmreports. On 17Nov22 something odd happened, and again on 24Jan23. On both...
3
3

Shower non-return valves
OK, not politics, a DIY question. The flow on our shower (mixer, gravity fed) has been gradually reducing. I tried to look at it, and found it wasn't designed for easy access. It's buried behind the...
11
11

Moving the WC pan
It’s time to move the toilet so I need to remove the horizontal section of 110mm waste pipe from the stack and replace with a longer section. The stack has been in place since the house was built in...
8
8

Looking for high-capacity AA rechargeable battery
Anyone familiar with these: <>I need actual 1.5V AA and these stay at that voltage until discharged. The reviews seem somewhat mixed (and you have to overlook that they say 3500 mWh, which is actually...
39
39

OT Smart water meter
Severn Trent came yesterday to change the existing water meter for a smart one. In the letter ST sent about the change they made a big thing about having the capability of detecting water leaks before...
31
31

Tumble drier interference suppressor - follow up
I fitted the new one this morning. It was a bit of a faff as the earth terminal wasn't in the same place as the old one, and I had to find a new self-tapper to hold the filter on as the old one was...

Insulation
Its probably been the coldest night for some time last night, just below Freezing and a north wind. I got to wondering what do people do who live in terraces like ours which only have solid walls,...
11
11