£30 electrical-gadgety-crap for Xmas?

The REN of the wiperboard is 1. The maximum (supposedly) is 4.

In fact, most modern phones have an REN of far less than 1, but that's the lowest that can be 'certified' or 'stated'. So in practice it's very, very unlikely to be a problem.

Reply to
Bob Eager

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 23:52:46 -0000, "Suz" strung together this:

REN only applies if you switch the ringers on. I've got 7 phones on the line here but only 3 ring.

Reply to
Lurch

Not at all, he could use it as a tool to design small projects. I do!

Reply to
James Salisbury

Mind you, if he's a true techie he'll spend more effort boosting the power, extending its range or so on than actually using it.

Reply to
Mike

No problem. What about some nice cheap jewellery from ebay?

Suz

Thank you all for some entertaining and useful ideas.

Suz

Reply to
Suz

Where were those ?

Reply to
Mike

ITYM 'soldering bolt'

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , dmc writes

Ahh, Duracell were 'known' for having problems in certain devices because they had a positive 'bump' on the AA cells that less pronounced than most other makes, they caused all sort of intermittent problems if the battery compartment was marginal, not sure if this is the reason here though.....

Reply to
Clint Sharp

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 21:50:00 -0000, "Suz" strung together this:

too.

Reply to
Lurch

Ah.

I learn something new!

Cheers,

Darren

Reply to
dmc

Ah there's always one miserable git. My guess - aged 50-60, flat cap, scowl and a long suffering wife.

Reply to
Suz

Nope. I'd be off to buy her the Oyster if I thought it would get used.

Reply to
Mike