3 pin plug (on battery charger)

Yes - same as some cordless razor ones. But not a GP battery charger of the type in question. Also, is it actually the charger or just a low voltage supply, with the charger actually being inside the device, along with the battery? ;-)

Non of which any use here, as the shaver socket is switched with the shaving lights. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Has anyone noticed that new hotel bathrooms often don't have shaver sockets? They seem to assumed that we have all succumbed to the cordless revolution, which I have not. I expect an electric shaver to last me fifteen years, I doubt a rechargable one would even last five years. I am 63 and have had four in my lifetime...

...as I did not start shaving at three I have either underestimated how long I keep them or the number I have owned!

Can you even get mains only Philishaves any more?

Reply to
Graham.

I dont know. I use a wet razor with *gasp* replaceable blades. The design is around 60 years old. It still works.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes it was but Amazon customer services say they, Amazon, have no responsibility.

Meanwhile, the vendor has kindly said they will pay the cost of an adaptor or suitable lead. They're a vape shop so it's not really their fault the charger came with a non UK plug as they probably assumed the charger met UK requirements when they got it from their wholesaler.

Reply to
pamela

Snag with the rotary ones is the blades don't last as long as the shaver and may cost near enough the same to replace as a new razor complete from a discounter.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The second review on that page should have served as a warning:

" By budgienorman on 15 April 2016

Verified Purchase

the charger I received is not the one I ordered but a cheap version that you receive for free when you purchase certain batteries it does not come with uk plug so you need a converter for it to work so be advisd to steer clear of buying it as I am very disappointed with the one I received."

So Amazon can say you were warned and ignore your complaint.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes

I shudder to think how old my rotary shaver is now. Blades nice and sharp.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I'm surprised. I find the rotary type more comfortable to use than reciprocating ones, and I've had several over the years. And on all, the blades lose their edge over time.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Did you read the link?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Wet is the only way to shave.

Reply to
ARW

True. As a child though, I was always fascinated by my dad's old Remington Roll-a-matic, if only because it was the only electric razor that I've seen that needs a "kick-start" to set it going. (All to do with it having cam operated points inside).

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

It occurs to me that I bought my rotary when my son became old enough to shave - I gave him the old one, as he didn't need quite as much oomph.

I assume he's bought a better one by now. Over ten years later.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris