3 pin plug (not socket) protector

Apart from these kinds of things

Is there anything else that will stop my 3 pin plug from poking through a plastic bag

in a nutshell i sometimes carry my phone charger in this bag along with a couple of phone and money and paperwork etc and I?m trying to stop the

3 pin plugs from piercing the bag.
Reply to
Jim

Use a piece of dense sponge, same as they use in camera bags. You sculpt it to suit. I suppose a medium sized potato would do, but you'd need to replace it periodically. . .

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

melamine sponge tiny tupperware jobbie

NT

Reply to
meow2222

On 24 Feb 2015, Jim grunted:

What's wrong with the above, though? I'd have thought that was precisely what was needed here. If that's no good I'm not sure what your criteria are.

Failing that - couldn't you just keep a small pouch inside your bag, along the lines of

to store the charger in?

The bag itself looks reasonably robust to me anyway though - is it really likely to be punctured by a 3-pin plug?

Reply to
Lobster

Push it into a bit of florists foam, the stuff they use in flower arrangements.

Save the plastic protector that nearly all appliances have on the plug when you buy them.

Reply to
dennis

Oasis?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It tends to crumble into green dust pretty quickly. You want the closed cell packing foam that heavier bits of delicate kit get delivered in to protect the corners from damage. Cut a piece just big enough to cover the plug and drill three holes in about the right places and squash it on and you are done. Sculpt it to taste afterwards.

Failing that balsa wood would do...

Reply to
Martin Brown

Good grief, those are worth £5 each? I should have been saving them all these years...

Reply to
Adam Funk

A 3 pin socket will do that, after rounding off or masking any sharp edges.

Reply to
dr.s.lartius

If you fancy that idea get a single rubber trailing socket (Duraplug etc) which has no sharp edges.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Alternatively, the OP could google for "folding 13a plug" and replace the offending plug with a suitable foldable/stowable alternative from the many various models on offer.

Reply to
Johny B Good

No, 50p each....still a lot though.

Reply to
Bob Eager

You need to waste another £4.04 to get free delivery.

Reply to
dennis

Chances are it's a wall wart, though?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes but, as others have said, that's horribly crumbly.

How about a small offcut of Kingspan?

Reply to
Roger Mills

lakeland stores stock these things

There maybe similar products elsewhere but my Mother used them before me and she doesn't tolerate things that don't do work or are hard to use. G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

plug it into a single gang extension socket (without lead)

or

Reply to
alan_m

A good use for one of those dangerous unfused and unshuttered travel adaptors that often come with electrical goods from China, at last! Just remove the pins.

Reply to
Martin Crossley

I throw away (on average) four plastic plug pin protectors that come with new kit that I install on almost daily basis.

Reply to
Graham.

The price?

Reply to