£3 million and rusty nails !!!!

Around my way a 3 storey block of flats was clad in wooden timber slats and within a year it had water stained badly. I have noticed since that around every 3 years they erect scaffold to maintain the cladding. Possibly a low cost option for the builder but not for the flat owners.

Reply to
alan_m

I read (can't remember where, but on t'internet, so it must be true), that painted Corten is unable to form the desired surface, so it loses its corrosion resistance. Someone built a load of railway coeches which rotted under the paint.

Reply to
stvlcnc43

Its worked fine for more than 50 years now

John Jackson

Google: CoreTen Steel

Reply to
DJC

Another 50 to go!

Reply to
Capitol

It's worked fine in _most_ places according to that article...

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris