Subject Author Posted Replies

Theoretical PC question
My PC - HP 64 bit - appears to be in good working order. In the past, PCs were periodically replaced by newer models. Is there an argument to replace my PC when Windows 11 arrives. I am thinking about...
66
66

Batteries in the post
This morning I received a parcel that contains a battery powered device with batteries fitted. The package came with a sticker saying it contained batteries and it was delivered by Royal Mail. Yet if...
36
36

OT: Vauxhall Air Blend Heater
Looking for a used car for my son and several Corsa's are described as having an air blend heater. Is this air con or just a fan and heater? I just can't seem to be able to find out. Ta.
5
5

Looking for a cheap cremation...
Can it be done at home.
10
10

One for the woodworking car enthusiasts...
Fine woodworking with a chainsaw and an angle grinder, you may be surprised at the result... Lamborghini Sian Roadster The first open-top hybrid Lamborghini super sports car to feature a...
7
7

Piano Stool re-cover - advice needed.
Folks, I have an old piano stool that my grandfather made, I guess in the 1940s or 1950s. The seat was a board with layers of padding. perhaps wood shaving , then some sort of hair perhaps horse hair...
8
8

Problem with a Garden Blower
My 29-year-old Little Wonder Garden Blower/Sucker has stumped me. Any thoughts very welcome. Working very well - then the next day nothing. It is on its third (ZAMA) carburettor. Just before each carb...
9
9

OT : Potassium Bicarbonate
I'm constantly being told to keep my sodium intake down. Is there any reason why I can't use potassium bicarbonate in place of baking soda? I can find it on amazon, but not in the supermarkets, so...
37
37

Can one fairly easily harden/toughen steel?
I have a couple of weed forks which have flat tines. These are much easier than the round or square ones on ordinary forks to push into hard ground to extract weeds. However some of them (not all)...
22
22

Grass blowers, why?
What is the point of a leaf and grass blower. Talk about a device which is a waste of energy, you see gardeners and council workers using them to clear grass onto the grass from paths in parks and...
22
22

Why do people rev up petrol strimmers?
Why do people rev up petrol strimmers? Surely the engine would prefer to be kept at a constant speed? The neighbours would certainly prefer it!
52
52

Arduino project? Suppliers?
I have a little project (logging temperature from a few thermistors) and it seems to me the Arduino might be the way to go. Any recommendations for on-line suppliers for a Uno and a few shields? I...
31
31

Tandem brake master cylinder
This is what the one on my old car is described as. Has two outputs for dual circuit brakes. One takes a 12mm male union, the other a 10mm as used pretty well everywhere else on the car. However, the...
6
6

Someone who should be getting advice here
From a 2 out of 5 stars review for a toilet seat: "Good looks but with problems Looks good but very difficult to secure to toilet basin. Had to stick it in place using Gorilla glue......." Why would...
3
3

Multi room carpet calculator
Hi All, We are looking to get new carpet for the house with the same carpet throughout. It is likely that we will need a whole roll of carpet. I have a few questions for you all :) 1. Does anyone know...
5
5