Subject Author Posted Replies

ATM withdrawal max?
What is the latest maximum limit on a cash withdrawal from an ATM please?
28
28

Metal expansion question
So I've got this metal bar (mild steel) and it's flat and 0.19" thick. Well, it *was* 0.19" until I measured it today and now it's put on an extra 9.5 thou which I can only attribute to the weather....
7
7

Sanding disks fly off Bosch orbital sander
My Bosch PEX 220 A Orbital sander is (was) wonderful, but now the disks don't seem to 'stick' as well as they did and within a few seconds they just fly off. The sanding plate seems ok, but I gave it...
12
12

Shrink wrap tubing for wires with "large stuff" at both ends?
Just finally got round to trying to sort the slow cooker with the melted cable. I've cut the large black outer sheath around the wires in the area with obvious damage and revealed an earth wire with...
8
8

Radical new self install Satellite dish
remarkably like a Nintendo..

Why is white not white?
Fitting a lot of PCV conduit and trunking at a school. Different suppliers for each batch of the stuff. Different coloured whites. FFS.
36
36

OT: Vaccine Passports
Hi all, Please consider the ramifications of the vaccine passports that are being foisted on us without even so much as a public consultation, then kindly sign the petition against them (link below)....
68
68

Boiler sizing
Hi, we have been offered a free central heating system (via the local authority) and as I've never had a house with central heating (only night storage heaters) I'm wondering how I make sure that the...
34
34

OT - dangerous weapons from Amazon
Well, a plastic potato peeler. I kid you not. Amazon were asking for name, age, etc. and saying that a signature and proof of ID would be required on delivery. Makes it worth the trip to the shops....
27
27

Cutting along length of aluminium extrusion
What would be the best way of cutting aluminium along the length of an extrusion? I would like to take a length of U channel, probably 3/4" x3/4" ______ | | | | | | | | and remove half of one side to...
17
17

[SOLVED] petrol ageing ?
My Stihl service agent states that ALL petrol, 2 stroke mix and 4 stroke, stored for machine use must be dumped at season end . Really ??
26
26

Advice on driveway replacement options
Later this year, or next, we will need to get the driveway replaced so I'm gathering info on the options. The whole area is "substantial" so the cost is going to be painful whichever option we choose....
38
38

OT - E10 petrol and oldish car
Friend has a 2000-Reg Renault Clio Grande RN. Renaults are OK from '98 on so this is on the cusp, as it could have been made a couple of years earlier. I have the Engine No. and Frame No. (is that the...
10
10

Ocean uproar: saving marine life from a barrage of noise
Ocean uproar: saving marine life from a barrage of noise April 10, 2019, ?There is a political will to regulate underwater noise,? says Jakob Tougaard, a bioscientist at Aarhus U. in Denmark. Last...

Designed and worked first time.
Nothing much really, just a simple booster to supply a bright LED - but I've not needed to design anything for years..... My garage's roller shutter has a 24volt dc IR beam across the door, which...
2
2