Subject Author Posted Replies

?
I take it if a speed camera doesn't flash you won't get done?
15
15

Whatsapp facebook and linkedin down?
How can anyone organise a protest on a motorway?
23
23

Engineer Replacing Central Heating Boiler with the Same One
The Worcester Bosh Ri Central Heating Boiler is leaking water from the top of the heat exchanger. Since its now eleven years old people are telling me it seems time for a replacement New Ri. Which...
5
5

Sanding down
I'm currently sanding down door frames and skirting boards prior to painting. In some places especially on the door frames the previous coats of paint have been chipped by being hit by items when...
2
2

Cleaned out the loft
Cough, Splutter But I tidied up my cable stash and found a new 25 metre reel of 2.5mm SWA marked J A C, Unit 38 Middlemore Road, Smethwick. Google doesn't seem to come up with anything and at that...
6
6

[OT] South Pole Sees Record Cold Winter, Smashing 1976 Record ? ?Chill Was Exceptional?"
(Thanks to Lawrence of for the info) The BBC et al probably won't run this story in the same manner as a record high. Full story at: <>"South Pole Sees Record Cold Winter, Smashing 1976 Record ?...
14
14

Siphonic bomb.
It does not look badly distorted, but no vacuum. Is it worth trying some silicone to seal it? They aren't that easy to find, except online, and I'm not sure about variations & fit.
4
4

OT Google and Amazon
I have noticed that Google Maps have started identifying house numbers exactly, rather than approximately, and it appears that some Google drivers are using routing software that takes advantage of...
6
6

OT: The North Sea Link.
I see the power interconnector cable linking us to Norway is now up & running. That's good news.
22
22

OT - EcoBollox from the Observer via the Grauniad
<>This contains gems such as "Since 1985, there has been a 70% increase in household water use in England as more and more homes have been fitted with showers, dishwashers and washing machines." ?A...
30
30

Imperial to metric radiator conversions.
I've got an old central heating radiator where the bottom has rusted out over the summer. As far as I can see the panel width is 50" and the pipe-centres 53.5" Everything for sale is measured in...
39
39

OT'ish: How to set-up an RSS feed?
I want to get notified automagically when new planning applications are submitted within a certain area. I think I need to set-up an RSS feed to do this but haven't used them before so need some help....
10
10

New uses for multitool and dremel.
Many of us will be familiar with the problem of using power tools on thermoplastics, that the frictional heating softens and starts to melt the plastic. The other day I wanted to repurpose one of...

Lights on wr1
There are no lights showing on my box and if I press the overide Dutton nothing happens. Does this mean no power is getting to the box?

London Marathon - FlightRadar24 (a bit OT)
A look at flight ASR1101 is interesting!
23
23