Subject Author Posted Replies

What is this feature of a staircase called?
What's the name of the slope in the ceiling above a staircase that maintains head-height, and the corresponding slope in the room above? TIA.
24
24

Price off burley gas stove in scrap value
Burley Flueless gas stove

OT: RM Tracked Delivery
This must be a good one for the record book. On 19 July, a small package was posted to me from Witney, Oxfordshire, and was sent RM 48-hr Tracked, posted at 13:15. By 5 October, it had made it to...
6
6

OT: Flu vaccine.
Got the flu vaccine on Tuesday (Flucelvax Tetra), done at Lloyds. I could hardly feel the injection and I just got around to taking the plaster off. I can't find an injection point, even with a...
65
65

Bath panel nonsense.
STWNFI insisted we buy matching bath panels to the vanity unit for our new bathroom suite from Easy Bathrooms. Came to fit them yesterday and they are too long, called Easy Bathrooms to be told they...
4
4

Pifco Xmas tree lights
I have been called uppon by SWMBO to repair her Pifco Xmas tree lights which she purchased over 5 years ago. (Yes, we have plenty of modern LED versions to replace them) 1. The instructions say that...
15
15

How to knock down a 1000 foot TV mast in seconds!
This latest video follows the safe dismantling of the Bilsdale mast by controlled detonations on Wednesday, 6th October 2021.
21
21

OT: Prescription Glasses - help!
I have my optical prescription, and I eventually found a frame that works for me. Rodenstock R2610C. 58-16-145 The snag is the optician wants £200 for the frames, and £350 for some varifocal lenses....
33
33

Refinishing a light oak TV bench
Got a 1.5 wide TV bench from the local BHF charity shop for £80. Originally came from M&S, "Sonata something" AFAIK, and it is taller than most of the ones on sale, being 54 cm from floor to the...
4
4

This a new one.
I phoned a company today to discuss a new car deal, but I was told that they would have to phone me back later, because their data security system is down. Maybe this. 'A key principle of the UK GDPR...
1
1

Useless plod.
Power went off. Boys un vans go out isolate downed cable, and get the rest of us back on. PC plod has said that since an RTA caused the line to come down, no the rest of you cant have your power back...
22
22

Fridge evaporation tray thing
It's a Miele K 12020S-1, bought March 2018. When the motor is running the evaporation tray gets warm and makes a horrid smell. It looks very filthy. But I can get it out to clean it. What shall I do?...
16
16

indicator indicator?
Hi All, I can?t see the indicator indicators on the dash of my car (Peugeot 1007) from my preferred driving position. I?d like to add an LED which will flash if either of them is on. My thought is to...
23
23

Randall Set5 (A446) user manual needed
Hi, just moved to a house with one of these over 10yrs old and no instructions, can't find it on Danfoss site either any one have a link to manual or user guide how to work the thing?

Car Brakes
I need to change Rear Disc & pads on my Kodiaq. Found good videos on steps (as it has EPB) Need 2 x Rear Disc 2 x Torx 30 csk fixing screws 2 pairs pads 2 pairs calliper fixing screws 2 pairs carrier...
2
2