Subject Author Posted Replies

Defrost timer question - knobs
Sorry to belabour this issue. I have located a source of a timer with the same model number as mine, 1415435. The odd thing is that the shop has two timers with this model number, identical except for...
9
9

OT Thunderbird news reader menu function buttons
I use Thunderbird as my news reader. Many updates ago the ability to configure the order of the news toolbar (follow-up, reply, archive etc) was removed BUT a third party add_on plug-in added the...
28
28

pressure wash a lawnmower ?
Yes? No?
14
14

how did this happen ?
how did this happen ?
33
33

lose it
surprises me why punters are not losing their positive balances when the fly by night cheapo energy parasite suppliers go down the drain ? ...
38
38

Light staying on
Dual controller working on timer fine, but hot water light staying in when it should be off and central heating light not coming on though all working
1
1

OT(ish) - propane gas torch - cheapest?
Very much a first world problem. For lighting BBQs and the occasional fire (mainly log burner) I use a weed wand from Lidl with screw in gas cartridges. Gas pressures being what they are, I seem to...
25
25

R7s lamps?
We have two "Mother & Child" floor standing lights which we use quite a lot. I'd like to change the R7s halogen lamps to LED but although claiming to be dimmable the ones Ive just bought don't dim...
13
13

Crap hotel wall light switch
You turn it on like this turn it off you just reverse the procedure. The rest of the hotel was just as bad. On the plus side the en suite had two saniflows ready to break down at any moment.
28
28

Laser printer colour alignment
I have an old Brother colour laser printer which has recently developed a problem. If I print a b&w only image then it's all OK. If I print a colour image (seems to be from any application) then the...
15
15

OT:The Schmid people mover
For Brian, it's a look at a vertical and horizontal people mover for getting people over the road. German and ingenious. An elevator that can go smoothly from horizontal to vertical isn't possible......
14
14

Cutting & grinding slate
Following earlier discussions about changes to my water feature, I plan to adjust a drilled slate monolith which is about 600 mm high, having an irregular base, maximum 250 mm x 350 mm. Here are a...
16
16

integrated dishwasher
Two years ago we had the kitchen re-fitted, with the wife insisting on an integrated dishwasher. Now this thing is moving when you open the door. You can see the whole body of the machine move up and...
13
13

Agricultural/farm machinery paint VS ordinary vehicle paint.
Hi there, just dropping out of lurk mode to see if anyone in the know could answer me this. Been watching some youtube videos on vehicle restoration. Several of these recommend using Agricultural...
3
3

Wasps at the top of a capped chimney
Today I noticed a large swarm of very very active wasps at the top of one of the chimney stacks. This stack has 3 pots, two are capped and the third is in use; the wasps seem to be buzzing around the...
34
34