25mm pipe Insulation - fix how?

Have some 10mm and 15 mm pipe in 25mm insulation in my loft. I'd like to fix it to the tops of the joists or the bottom of the rafters. But ALL the pipe clips I can find are either nail-on which can't be used with insulation, or screw-on and not available with a stem long enough for 25mm insulation.

Has anyone solved this, or know of long stand-off clips. I'm aware of the very expensive brass ones, e.g. Toolstation 92644 st 0.5 each.

My next thought is to abandon clips all together, and find some way of using kingspan to insulate a pipe duct. As my next project is my circulating hot water main, I need a very good insulation characteristic to make it viable, without cold-bridging to the joist/rafter.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Pipe clip spacers and longer screws! Wolseley centres

Reply to
cynic

What about standard gutter pipe clips with a short length of slit pipe to stiffen the insulation?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Piece of wood drilled with a clearance hole and longer screws - almost free.

Reply to
The Other Mike

You use Talon pipe clips and the spacers supplied for them; job jobbed.

Reply to
Onetap

17520 and 17515
Reply to
Onetap

In article , TheOldFellow writes

My stuff has the insulation applied then duct taped along the slit and at joints then saddle fixed with lengths of fixing strap & clout nails:

are a faff and IME leak air so aren't as effective as extruded pipe insulation.

Reply to
fred

Use pieces of copper pipe as spacers with long screws.

Reply to
robert

...at three quid a metre for 15mm pipe (B&Q prices) you can soon piss a heap of money away on something that just needs a bit of wood costing bugger all.

Reply to
The Other Mike