Subject Author Posted Replies

EPS (polystyrene) insulation and electrical cables (barrier).
The thought occurs to me that if I'm going to use EPS as insulation, with a sheet of Visqueen between the EPS and plasterboard finish, I will have to run cable between the Visqueen and the...
2
2

Changing headlights to drive on the right at night.
My car has separate headlights for main beam and dipped beam. I am told that there is no need to make any changes if I want to drive in France at night. How unusual is this?
21
21

Tilly
well Tilly IS chubby....
12
12

Satellite LNB issue?
Suddenly lost signal on some Sky channels and got the message "Mini TV Unavailable No Satellite signal". I checked the Service and its show excellent signal quality and signal strength on both cables...
1
1

Combi boiler dripping
I?ve got an Ideal Logic Plus combi boiler and last night it started dripping water from the area in the region of the pressure gauge. I turned off the heating and this morning it?s stopped dripping...
3
3

EPF (polystyrene insulation) & fire.
It does PIR. Rockwool does not. If I abandon the idea of using rockwool in my new "workshop" and storage, and use EPS, I will have a wall structure like this: Outside | prefab concrete|25mm EPS|50mm...
4
4

Educational standards really have dropped
Brian it's a job sheet with handwriting that looks like a six year old had written it. You really do not want to see it. File:Exam3.jpg - DIYWiki
85
85

Rockwool batts, compressibility.
50mm batts in a 45mm space, plsterboard over, possible?
2
2

OT Converting VHS videos to digital on Linux
Hi all I have a load of old VHS videos (cassettes and camera tapes) which I am looking to digitise. Amazingly the old camera and VHS recorder still work and I have an old tuner / video capture card...
10
10

Gripping attachment for cable draw kit?
I'm trying to figure out a way to retrieve a magnetic geocache that's about 3 m above ground level over a canal towpath --- and put it back securely without dropping it in the canal. The cache appears...
18
18

B&Q Boo-boo
I ordered a pair of bathroom ceiling lights from B&Q, for Click and Collect. After I had paid, I was informed that they were not available for Click and Collect, but would be delivered. There was no...

Smart meters
I buy both gas and electric from British Gas. Got a letter today from them / "MPE MARKETING" saying that a nice person would be visiting me to chat about giving me a smart meter. In the past I have...
59
59

OT: WhatsApp problem.
Mainly use WhatsApp on the Win10 laptop. Worked fine for years. Just recently, it has refused to run. Click on the icon, and nothing happens. Tried uninstalling. New did them work until shutdown and...
15
15

Loft insulation & Triple glazing
Given the upwards march in energy prices and the need to insulate, insulate, insulate before considering a heat pump.... I currently have 270 mm of Kanuf eco roll loft insulation laid as two layers,...
6
6

Cheap 13Asockets.
I'll need some cheap sockets, 13A, 2-gang, switched. Is there anything I should look out for? Cheapest dso far: (£1.12) Better? (£2) 5-pack (about £1.9 ea).
23
23