Subject Author Posted Replies

Using One Coat Plaster
I have a few chases to fill along with a few holes where back boxes have been removed so I am going to try a one coat plaster. The chases will require appprox. 16mm of thickness the other holes a...
6
6

OT Local FB groups
Some of the posts make my apprentices look smart. 1. A picture of a lost and found driving licence asking if anyone knows where the owner lives. 2. A post from a VM user asking about is anyone else is...
7
7

Gas supply.
Mate has an 1980s terraced 2 bed small house. Still on the original non room sealed boiler. Stored HW. Originally all cooking by gas - now just a gas hob. Intends having the boiler changed to a combi....
9
9

OT VPN
In the Lidl frustration thread, mention was made of using a VPN. AVG have been badgering me for years to use their offering! Can someone kindly explain the benefits/downsides of joining the club? I...
17
17

OT: Courier rant
Short version: anyone know how to make contact with a human at Hermes? I had a parcel delivered the other day. Not something I had ordered, and not even addressed to me (but to property with a similar...
29
29

Do Green technologies pass the CLUB test?
Complete Load of Utter Bollocks. Apart from LED lightbulbs, can anyone think of any green technology that isn't worse than what it purports to replace??...
12
12

Corrupted USB stick
I had a 32Gb USB stick plugged into my router, but it was somehow corrupted. I have managed to lift all the files off, with the intention of reformatting it, but it will not allow either quick or full...
25
25

Adcice on removel & maintenance of car seat type angle adjuster
Hi all I have a special 'posture chair', part of whose construction is derived from a car seat. There is a large 'turnwheel' on one side which you can turn to adjust the angle of the seat - similar to...
5
5

OT - Lidl frustration
I seem to get this more often than not when trying to access the Lidl website: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Access Denied You don't...
25
25

Oven tripping RCD
Hello We have a twin electric oven - 60cm fan and 40cm non-fan. The 40cm has started tripping the RCD - the odd thing (at least to me) is it heats up fine but trips when the thermostat clicks off. The...
12
12

OT: Changing a Postcode
What is it like trying to get a Postcode changed? I have an interest in a building that used to have its entrance on the corner of two residential roads, and the Postcode was originally allocated to...
36
36

[OT] New kitchen problem
I have had a new kesseboemer kitchen installed. The hob is a Bora. It is much deeper thaan the regular hob. A deep drawer beneath it normally has a cutlery tray near its top but due to the hob's depth...
38
38

OT(ish) - how much do we depend on French electricity?
There seems to be a lot of sabre rattling in certain sections of the press over the current fisheries dispute with France, and the threat of sanctions including cutting off the French electricity...
38
38

Dulux Paint samples
Dulux 250ml paint sample tins are intended for what? I bought 2.5 Litres of a selected colour (Dove Grey) and used it all on a cupboard carved out of the corner of what was a bathroom. My wife decided...
6
6

CO detector for boiler required / recommended?
I've been told by the "heating engineer" who serviced my boiler that a carbon monoxide alarm is "required" - it's a non condensing ideal standard system boiler with a balanced flue. I've never had...
45
45