Subject Author Posted Replies

Off topic as usual. Drax farce
BBC Look North this lunchtime More outrageous bias from ?The world?s most trusted broadcaster? The lead story was that Drax is going to stop burning coal completely, and will only burn wood chip....
4
4

benchtop drill for woodwork
Is there a good benchtop arrangement for repetitive drilling into wood. I have a pillar drill and it seems sooo desperately inconvenient, top heavy, laborious to wind the table up and down, totally...
3
3

[OT] [GW] Why the current CO2 narrative is flawed, and an alternate hypothesis
It's 80 minutes long, and highly scientific. "Demystifying the Atmospheric Greenhouse Effect: Toward a New Physical Paradigm in Climate Science" "A critical analysis of the Greenhouse Effect concept,...
25
25

A wiring question.
You have a situation where two circuits go to the same fitting. Like say a two gang switch in the hall for upstairs and downstairs lights, where each is on a different circuit. Do you simply link all...
8
8

Utterly OT: How weird is Lincolnshire?
The murder victim was called Buncis. The murderer was Grzeszcz But, "Det Ch Insp Richard Myszczyszyn" ? Has the reporter's cat been walking on the keyboard, whilst he was making a cup of tea?
12
12

Re: Great Famine of 1315?1317
> > interesting Great Famine of 1315–1317 - Wikipedia

Well OT RoboCop in charge of the Polish border?
The voice on the top video in the link Poland has accused Belarus of encouraging people to enter the country illegally.

Satisfying DIY incl block laying and haircuts at 6:56
For Brian, a collection of short videos of people doing a variety of jobs. In Quantum Tech we love to see true professionals doing a perfect job. Check out this review of perfectly done jobs and let...
1
1

live take off
The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.
5
5

How to find a buried waterpipe with electricks?
There's a hundred old waterpipe buried where I need to dig a trench. It feeds the neighbours their drinking and washing water. I could 'carefully' look for it with a mattock but piercing it would be...
35
35

TV licence. Is ithis true?
Just read on an official looking website that to watch Netflix or YouTube only, you nee a TV licence in the UK. Is this true?
19
19

New wiki page - DIY PVR
This has been floating about on the back burner for a while (I did a stub of it back in April 2020), so thought it time to add some meat to its bones! the moment it's only a basic outline, so your...
18
18

hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Join the mailing list & get tour dates @ AlexBelfield.com Get Merchandise @ VORLIVE.com Alex Belfield Live with the UK's #1 mass debate. Honest, Real & Passionate Debate LIVE Wednesday's & Saturday's...
15
15

Anti virus
AVG has begun a countdown to the end of my *free* service. I have been ignoring their increasingly plaintive efforts to prise money out of my pockets. Any thoughts?
33
33

OT Classic FM is playing soothing music tonight for pets
And yes I have put it on for Tony. Last year he was a shivering wreck due to the fireworks when I got late home from work.
34
34