Subject Author Posted Replies

scam company
My daughter lives in Liverpool and her boiler stopped working so she called this company (24/7 Best Emergency Services) at 4:00pm and a woman quoted her £50 call out plus a small charge for the job...
2
2

TV wall mounting.
I've got one of those two arm articulated monitor mounts in the kichen. It is bolted to the side of the chimney breast - on to two steel straps to spread the load, and tiled over up to the mounting...
15
15

Replacing a gas hob
Because of a discussion in another usenet newsgroup, I've been reading up on: <>I'm pretty sure that, when the existing gas hob was fitted, there was the required access to the open air from both a...
23
23

Repairing wiring to an outside chimney fan
Continuing from the other thread.... I now have good access to the chimney fan and its wires. The original installation had a (not very) weatherproof plastic junction box with the wires from it to the...
17
17

Using a multitool to cut chases in blockwork
Are there any suitable attachments for cutting vertical slots in internal pastered blockwork for electrical conduit ?. I once tried the 4.25 inch angle grinder option with a diamond disk but even...
20
20

Bulb about to fuse
Just heard on the R2 news that Bulb are about to appoint administrators. It's becoming a turkey shoot of the minnow energy co's. Andrew
66
66

Self amalgamating tape to repair flexible conduit?
I have a piece of flexible conduit feeding power to a chimney fan, it has got a bit damaged because the download came adrift and it has banged against the fan housing. The best repair would be to...
5
5

Odd situation with new mouse
My wireless keyboard packed in so I bought a new one. Bizarrely, a keyboard and mouse combination was £8 cheaper than the same keyboard on its own. I though it would be best practice to use the new...
21
21

Jumping to conclusions...
A fairly dull tale of electricity, and making assumptions! Following a heavy rain storm a few weeks back, one of my garden circuits was tripping its RCD. So I though I would work out what was going...
43
43

Alternatives to CH ?
Nosing around B&Q today (needed fuses :) ) I noticed how cheap electric heaters are. Given how easy they can be controlled from a mesh of "smart" plugs, I wondered about the idea of moving from CH to...
29
29

Imcreasing loft insulation thickness when there is already a chipboard floor.....
Hello all, I have fink trusses like these: I bought the house, there was already 100 mm fibre glass insulation between the fink trusses. I bought some 170 mm thick loft insulation and I topped up the...
21
21

[OT] [Wokery] Remembrance Day at the IWM
"Britain?s Imperial War Museum has issued a statement apologising for staging a ?woke? rap showcase at the end of the two minutes silence held on Remembrance Sunday, which prompted a mass exodus by...
5
5

Orf Topic as they say.
Wednesday, November 24 The second mission of the week is the launch of the DART probe that was mentioned at the top of the article. A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will carry the probe out of Earth?s gravity...
16
16

goo goo gaa gaa
said that those who buy EVs are not car people................they are appliance people and a car / EV is just another appliance..........enter tesla - an appliance appliance people are the types who...
21
21

Vaillant combit - PCB blown ?
(I wouldn't mind, but I took the advice here to leave everything alone ...) Had to drop the cover on the boiler today, as demand hot water seemed to be iffy, and last time this happened, the diverter...
13
13