Subject Author Posted Replies

Slow puncture... fixable?
Had a puncture at speed the other day, and had to stop and change the wheel. Do you think this will be patchable: File:SlowPuncture.jpg - DIYWiki File:SlowPuncture.jpg - DIYWiki File:SlowPuncture.jpg...
43
43

Grr.
Made up a dimmer. Requirement was three LED dimmers and an on/off switch. So made one up on a 2-Gang blank plate, V-Plus modules and matching switch, and knobs - all from TLC. The blank plate flat...
11
11

1600 watt halogen heaters
1600 watt halogen heaters like the one below are hard to find. I can't find a single one on Amazon. They were common a few years ago. Now there's only the odd vendor usually selling at inflated...
7
7

Hard and soft FFP2 respirators
Now that supply has improved, the government is recommending FFP2 respirators rather than those surgical masks which have been popular so far. Disposible FFP2 respirators come in soft and hard...
27
27

Not a single aeroplane
https://planefinder.net/
5
5

OT - Gridwatch and import/export
Just noticed that we are importing from the Netherlands and exporting to France. This seems to make very little sense unless the interconnect market is so skewed that it is cheaper to go via the UK...
2
2

OT: Hunterston end of life...
"Hunterston B Reactor 3 - a 490 MWe advanced gas-cooled reactor (AGR) - was taken offline for the final time at midday on 26 November, marking the end of 46 years of operation. Its twin - Hunterston B...
16
16

Another reason to avoid having an electric car.
Whilst listening to Radio 4 today I learnt that generally electric cars should not be towed. So if you call a breakdown service and they want to move the car they have to lift all 4 wheels of the...
49
49

Myson 500 fan not turning
Myson 500 kick space heater the fan after making terrible noises on start up and then settled down is now not turning. Is it possible to repair?

Hard wiring a DashCam
I am tired of all the wires running from my cigarette lighter socket in the car, so want to hard wire the cam in. Was wondering what was the group's opinion on three-wire systems as opposed to two...
23
23

labels
"In Windows10 hit the Windows, shift and "S" keys together which enables you to select & copy the label produced on the screen which can then be pasted into Word and adjusted to any size & position...
1
1

Smart meters from two suppliers
I'm wondering if anyone has both gas and electric smart meters, but from different energy suppliers (ie not dual fuel). If so, how does the gas meter talk to the outside world?
10
10

OT Teaching Math from the 50's to Today
Posted in another NG by a Canadian, so I'm leaving the "math" & $. 1. Teaching Math In 1950 . . . A logger sells a truckload of timber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his...
38
38

not "Nu"
With the broadcasters having jumped the gun and predicted the new variation would be named "Nu", both BBC and Times Radio have been calling it "Omnicron" instead of "Omicron"
23
23

Bloody parky today
Can we have some global warming, please?
37
37