24 hrs du A&E, man nearly chops off leg with circ saw, or was it angle grinder

Almost had to hide behind the settee while watching 24 hours in A&E last night. A bloke was building a shed and the circular saw got caught on his clothes. he managed to cut his thigh muscle down to the bone (eeeowwwww). Damn lucky he didn't got through any major nerves or vessels.

Earlier on a muslim bloke was talking about his son who had been run over, telling us how the son had been to the mosque to learn arabic 'teaching' blah, blah, blah and then C4 cut to the most amazing bit of product placing advert EVER. It was a Sainsburys advert extolling the virtues of their hot cross buns, and 'have we tried them with a BACON filling' !!.

Reply to
Andrew

Ah sounds like google are in charge of advert scheduling now.

The other night during Bones, in which a Stewardess on a long haul jet was microwaved to death in an oven, there was a commercial for the large range of meals available in one foof the supermarkets. I guess somebody had a sense of humour over at Sky. Ie it was Pick. You often get adverts for insurance in programs based on the work of the emergency services as well. While on the subject of adverts, I do notice some irritating behaviour on commercial channels where a long part is shown before the first break, then progressively shorter bits between the later ones. This I assume is to get people hooked in and then blast tem with the adverts mercilessly. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

TBH, it would never have occurred to me to use a hot cross bun as a burger bun, filled with a rasher. I might try it out of interest though.

Man who nearly chopped off leg recovered well, unlike the roofer who fell through an asbestos roof on C5 last night. His pelvis and hip joint are now like reinforced concrete. A salient warning to anyone fixing up their shed or garage. You don't have to fall very far onto concrete to do an awful lot of damage.

Reply to
Andrew

In message , Andrew writes

Yes or even compacted soil. I managed about 15' with collar bone, shoulder blade and numerous ribs plus a slightly punctured and flattened lung.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

ISTR Geoff said his uncle or cousin or similar fell through the bedroom ceiling from the loft a year or two back, and died.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel