22mm Gas Pipes and New Boiler

Thanks John. The OP should not that in general that most boilers are given in terms of there output rating i.e. 24kW needs 26.5kW of gas, 28kW needs about 31kW of gas. Bigger boilers and more recent models tends to be quoted in terms of their _input_ .e.g 37kW.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

In message , Andy Hall writes

[snip]

Thanks Andy, I think that's the one I remember. Measured up my pipe runs, squinted under the floor at the number of bends & elbows, thrown together a spreadsheet, and basically I'm stuffed. With the current

60Kbtu boiler, I've got 3.7mb drop at the boiler, and 4.37mb at the hob. Not surprising the hob drops a little when the boiler fires! The only way to achieve
Reply to
Steven Briggs

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , Andy Hall writes

Reply to
Steven Briggs

Hello Again,

Right, I've currently got a combi boiler with 93,00 ish BTUs. I have 5 rads, three small, one medium and one large (sorry I am not up on any special technical names for raditor sizes;)

I'm replacing the boiler, question is, is the current output adequate? Do I need more? Can it cope with less?

Once again,

All help appreciated in advance.

Cheers,

Jo.

Reply to
Jo Silva

No

Less what? If you mean will a smaller boiler do, then a 24kW model should be more than adequate for your dwelling.

Reply to
BoomFondle

No, yes. Even if your radiators are all running on maximum, you're probably not going to exceed say 25,000 BTU. However, you are a much more demanding user than your radiators because you want hot water now, not in a minute's time. So the question you should be asking is if you're happy with your domestic hot water output - i.e. is shower etcetera acceptable.

Ben

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

Combi boilers are sized for the hot water usage. Unless you live in a converted 20 room hotel with holes where the windows should be, any combi boiler will have enough power for the heating. Your main concern with heating is how low the boiler can modulate down to, to avoid short cycling. This can be a concern with the 35+kW boilers, which often don't modulate as low as 24/28kW models.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle