22mm - 22mm - 10mm Tee

Just been to B & Q and couldn't find a 22mm - 22mm - 10mm. Tee fitting. Do they still exist or is my B&Q a crap stockist? I only fitted my C/H system back in 1983.

Chris.

Reply to
mcbrien410

One of these:

one of these:

takes you to Screwfix website)

Hope this helps.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I am not sure that they do.

Try a 22x22x15 and then a reducer in the 15mm branch

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes, whichever you meant.

Maybe. Try a plumbers merchant.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

I don't think I've ever seen one. I'd use a 22/22/15 tee and a 15/10 fitting reducer.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

| snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: |> Just been to B & Q and couldn't find a 22mm - 22mm - 10mm. Tee |> fitting. |> Do they still exist or is my B&Q a crap stockist? |> I only fitted my C/H system back in 1983. |>

|One of these: | |

||and one of these: | |
||(tinyurl takes you to Screwfix website)

My local *real* plumbers merchant has everything I could possible think of, End Feed, Yorkshire or Compression. I just have to ask, they are very amiable even to obvious armatures.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Having just checked, Yorkshire themselves do produce a 22/22/10 tee, so they are still manufactured, if you can find them. In fact, they do 22mm reducing tees to 8mm, 10mm, 12mm and 15mm.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I'll photograph one. I'll try the larger B & Q. One is called Warehouse and one is called Depot.

Back in 1983 I ran two 22mm. feed and return as far as I could and then just 'Teed' the radiators between the two. As the feed pipes were only ten inches from the wall it was easy to hand bend the 10mm. tails upto the radiators.

Chris.

Reply to
mcbrien410

Try BES item 10002

Roger Mills (aka Set Square)

There are dozens of ways to make a reducing T. Just don't expect to find the bits at a shed (unless maybe, just maybe, it's an Orange B&Q warehouse).

It is possible to buy (but not from ordinary B&Qs) 22mm Ts with one or two openings in 15mm. However I would tend to use a 22-15 reducer and 15-10 reducer as needed.

For compression joints you can get 'reducing sets' which substitute the large olive for a fitting which takes the smaller pipe. In principle you could use a 22/15 and 15/10 together but I've not tried it. It might easily over tighten the 10mm olive before it sealed on the 22mm.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Reducing sets seem to have a tendency to incontinence.

Adaptors with solder is the way forward

Reply to
Andy Hall

INMO, use the correct fitting. More joints mean the possibility of more leaks, and cost more.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Assuming you can get one... I notice that BES has one, but I couldn't get this size in plumbers merchants except to order.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Hi,

We have them in stock - see... probably too late now!

in solder ring.

Regards,

Harv

Reply to
Harv

Looks suspiciously like 15mm in the picture.

Reply to
<me9

The picture is one for all reducing tees - there's also a couple of 22X15X15 in the pictures as well.

The product actually is 22X10X22!

Regards,

Harv

Harv