Subject Author Posted Replies

Anaglypta - ready mix adhesive?
We've some tatty walls at work that I want to freshen up so will be going with Anaglypta. Is it going to be an easier job if I use ready mixed wallpaper adhesive vs appropriately mixed paste? I've...
11
11

OT: Small desktop for Mint
In the eventuality that I want to run Linux Mint on a desktop, what I'd be looking for would be a box similar to my Mac Mini (about 8" square, 1.5" high), with internal power supply, 16GB RAM, 256GB...
24
24

Glass conservatory with sliding doors
We have a glass canopy installed the roof is all glass and there are 14 sliding doors all the way round so they can open in the summer we are unsure of what we can use to heat it in the winter though...

GCH query
My central heating failed but hot water still working OK. An engineer is coming to replace synchron motor. Do I also need to replace one or both heads, as engineer recommends? I've been quoted £120...
54
54

SuperFoil at aldi and skillbuilder
aldi are selling superfoil it good? See also Roger Bisby Skill Bu8ilder at and experience please... George https://www.aldi.co.uk/superfoil-insulation-wrap/p/809923591357700is Byron Lawson from...
6
6

Decorating celotex
I have a flat roof I'd like to improve the insulation of, mainly to stop cold bridging and reflect a bit of the solar gain. The outside is inaccessible without major scaffolding, which leaves me doing...
26
26

What happened ? ...
Completely Awesome film, featuring the second out of the six General Motors Firebird Gas Turbine Concept Cars, designed by Harley J. Earl. For educational & non commercial purposes only. Be sure to...
38
38

Trade discount on a central heating boiler?
What trade discount does a heating engineer get when buying a heating boiler from Travis Perkins or somewhere like that? I'm considering a Baxi 836. I can buy it for approx £1,200 (inc VAT) but what...

Boss White gone brown. Retrievable?
I found some old Boss White plumbing joint sealant in the garage. I need it for a leaky washing machine hose joint as a temporary fix. Rather than go to a hardware shop, is it possible to squidge it...
3
3

Bronx fire
Looks like the yanks take of self closers as well then....I remember seeing a picture of a refurbished Grenfell flat with the private entrance hall removed as well....And bet every punter in every...
41
41

Torbeck valve dripping at anti-syphon assembly
I've just had to replace a faulty filling valve in a toilet cistern; as I happened to have a spare unused Torbeck valve 'in stock' (purchased about 10 years ago I reckon, stored in its original...
5
5

black gas fitters
Anybody seen the British gas advert where a rastafarian gas fitter is showing a wummin how her new boiler works....is this true to life....or the usual woke bullshit adverts we are suffering these...
26
26

USB storage for TV recording
I'm currently using a 500GB portable 2.5" hard drive/caddy to record content from my smart TV - works fine. I'd like to use a solid state device instead. 'Normal' thumb drives don't work - anybody any...
35
35

Looking for dual thread bolt with different sized ends
Where can I get a dual thread bolt with different widths on each end? Like this, but a smaller thread on one end. M3 M4 M5 M6 M8 M10 M12. Screws are standard parts. Rod Length Thread Length. ●...
8
8

sharpening a circular saw blade
Can a blade like this be sharpened by someone like me? Triple chip grind blades for use on aluminium, hardwoods and laminates Suitable for use with mitre, table and hand held circular saws...
5
5