Subject Author Posted Replies

Best tape for temporary leak sealing?
An elderly relative reports a serious leak in the connector between her cistern and toilet (at the toilet end - it sounds like a separate cistern and a short connecting pipe). She can't send me a...
22
22

Controlling smartplugs using phone away from home
When I'm away from home I can control my smartplug (by TP-Link Tapo) using an app on my phone. The phone needs an internet data connection. Is the command I give travelling from my phone back to...
26
26

Waterproof sealing tape
Is there a waterproof sealing tape available which will adhere to a wet (or at least a damp) surface? An elderly relative, too far away for me to help in person, has a badly leaking connection between...
10
10

Samsung photo appt up
Does anyone know of an app that would allow directories be set up on the phone (SamsunG S21 Ultra) for photos to save wading through lots odes images searching for the one you want ?
4
4

Carbon monoxide detectors - interlink?
Scottish Government regulations (for a flat) say there should be a heat detector in the kitchen and smoke detectors in the hall and living room, all interlinked. In addition, there should be carbon...
3
3

Are kitchewn sink plugs usually standard size?
I needed a plug for the kitchen sink and bought a one and 3 quarter inch plug which fits but it's not a tight fit? I bought it on ebay is it just a duff reject plug or are there sinks that are...
6
6

LED view port
I have a Baxi Boiler. It has its controls and status LED under a removable metal cover Strangely they have no plastic lenses or viewing in that cover to be able to see the e status LED's so you have...
9
9

OT very expensive AA size rechargeable batteries
£200 for a set of batteries including postage from USA Am I missing something here or is this completely mad!? (4) REPLACEMENT BATTERIES FOR BUSHNELL 360100 BACKTRACK POINT 3 GPS GPS BATTERY
24
24

All-in-1 laser printers ?
Anyone have any recommendations ? Colour - not so fussed about. Amazon insists on punting any fule noes is ink based. (Once again, if that's the limit of "AI" then we're safe for a few centuries)....
27
27

How do you work a pressure washer Kew 80-1
Is normal operation to wait a few mins after switch on and then switch the power off after pressure has built up in order for the spray to work because it wasn't working whilst the power was on. It...

OT: Electric Car Charger
It is likely I will have to get an Electric Car charging point installed (not my car), before the grant ceases at the end of March. Looks like it will need to be externally mounted on the integral...
53
53

Soldering
I am not great at soldering but was trying to solder 2 wires together (2core from a vacuum) which had a break (have ordered a replacement) and needed a temporary fix. For some reason I had great...
19
19

Safe to use Halfords Charger ?
Have just inherited a Halfords Battery Charger from a neighbour. It says on it: ' Most suited for engines over 1800 cc' fast charge 7.5 adc. max battery capacity 110 ah Slow charge 5.5 adc max battery...
11
11

OT: Highway Code changes
So if i'm reading it correctly.... Currently where you do a left turn you'd expect someone on the pavement to wait until you'd passed before crossing the road you are turning into. Unless they are a...
47
47

wee bint
just received my heat and three interlinked smoke detectors...that will keep nick the fish happy....
7
7