£2200 for fastening 10 bolts

Should have DIY.

Simon Mason

Now everybody will know the reg of your car. I can't see VAT on that invoice. Am I missing something?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

It is taxed and insured, so I don't care.

Reply to
Simon Mason

There is no such thing as car tax, you have said so yourself.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

House address? Takes about 10 minutes to find.

But if the total bill is for £2172.75 and only £472.50 is for labour then how the f*ck is it £2200 for fastening 10 bolts?

Reply to
ARW

£10 for fastening 10 bolts. £2190 for removing old sub frame, positioning car over new one and dealing with anything that got in the way.
Reply to
Tim Watts

No - it is "Road Tax" that does not exist.

Reply to
Simon Mason

It's VED - Vehicle Excise Duty

Reply to
charles

He's a drama queen.

Reply to
pamela

Yes - here was the old one and its replacement.

Simon Mason

It's just a name. Most people say "road tax", like they call a vacuum cleaner a Hoover even though Dyson made it.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

20% at a guess:-)
Reply to
ARW

En el artículo , ARW escribió:

Who cares?

2200 quid for fixing a 12 year old car worth 500 quid at most is madness.

Old saying: a fool and his money are soon parted.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

It is 9 years old and worth £5000.

Like someone who buys a 2016 Fiesta for £15000?

Simon Mason

Everyone I drive past knows mine!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Giggle!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

The labour is only a portion of that ... £472 You are paying for fitting of subframe, adjusting tracking, fitting handbrake A lot more than just tightening 10 bolts

Reply to
rick

Plus, as he is a one man band and not VAT registered, I saved £400 in tax. New engine cover as well as painting and adding Waxoyl to the subframe.

Simon Mason

Like replacing a £50 thermostat in a diesel freelander. 8 hours to strip the engine bay down to get to it and put it all back together.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

He's not VAT registered.

But he presented you with a detailed invoice on his own printed stationary with his business address, and phone no. on it

Which you then proceed to plaster all over the Internet

Reply to
Moron Watch