Subject Author Posted Replies

Stuck-together paper.
There's lots of contradictory advice on t'internet about how to separate sheets of paper stuck together by damp. The advice ranges from freezing (to turn the moisture to ice crystals) to heating it...
5
5

Dormobiles
If you spend a night in a dormobile can you get pissed legaly?....I think you are in charge of the keys and could get done by the pigs.....
36
36

Cooker hood lighting
Our cooker hood has two rather feeble lights behind two lenses that are about 15cm X 5cm. There?s no reflector above the bulbs so about 90% of their output is wasted illuminating the inside of the...
15
15

More stupid software upgrades.
I have an account with viafoura. I cant log in. My old password that worked yesterday apparently doesn't have enough numbers or capitals in it, But I cant log in to change it.
13
13

Speedfit plastic 10mm for CH - inserts?
I've a fairly long run to a rad and I want to use 10mm speedfit. There are a number of 90mm joints and in thinking I don't want to impede flow any more than is necessary i'm wondering about ditching...
1
1

12 missions
Among the 12 missions, to be completed by 2030, are promises to: ? Eliminate illiteracy and innumeracy by refocusing education spending on the most disadvantaged parts of the country (make the tests...
6
6

PIR floodlight
Any firm recommendations for an external solar-powered PIR floodlight? I?m fed up throwing money at duds which turn out not to be waterproof or just peter out in a few weeks. Details of good...
24
24

Ebay prchase and my delivery address
I have just 'won' an item in an Ebay auction and paid for it. Rather than what I am used to, paying for the item via Paypal, Ebay charged me directly via my credit card. Because of this, I do not have...
29
29

Building Standards
I hear that in Scotland Building Standards are going to be tasked to enforce the new heat/smoke detector requirements in existing dwellings .... what a joke and I can say this from experience having...

Hob/worktop seal
Fitted a built in to worktop gas hob about 10 years ago, and sealed between the hob and top with silicone. That went mangey, so I've removed it. While what's left is doubtless a germ trap, it does...
4
4

£30 door is utter crap
Just fitted the white panel door and the handle/lock to the cludgy....bloody MDF frame...utter crap....my fault for being cheap....never noticed the MDF frame when I bought it coverd in polythene...
15
15

LED rugged 12v light for front of property?
Hi, I'm looking for something as above which I can mount on a short post at my front gate. My plan is to have it controllable remotely from a device I have with me so that when returning home in a cab...
24
24

British Statistician Won Global Acclaim for His Methods
British Statistician Won Global Acclaim for His Methods By James R. Hagerty, Jan. 28, 2022 Dr. Cox said he came up with one of the crucial ideas for his 1972 paper while in bed with the flu and a high...

Carbon Capture in Australia
It appears I'm not the only one who is a bit dubious about the CCS process. The Australien Government has made an ad about Carbon Capture and Storage, and it’s surprisingly honest and informative....
23
23

where are all the fecking phone boxes
went to a town last night to pick up something I had paid for on ebay ...we BOTH forgot to take our phones ..... geezer wouldn't answer the door....not problem we thought we will just use a phone box,...
4
4