Subject Author Posted Replies

Using Postcrete
I need to replace some broken fence-posts installed insufficiently deep, given the ease of digging them out, by a previous occupant. I have a fence post augur which can easily go down two feet with a...
25
25

M 11.5 bolts?...
Yes 11.5 bolt set screw diameter?. We have a couple of old but in good condition radio masts and there are some very important bolts missing so we order up some online which are galvanised ones, all...
15
15

Talking to yourself
Dash cam footage says that I do it all the time when driving. Anyone-else?
10
10

Motorising Roman blinds to control them remotely
We have a hankering for some Roman blinds but unlike curtains you can?t just yank them open so I?m thinking about motorising them. I reckon the chains and winding components will last a lot better...
4
4

Electricity prices - Standing Charge, Standard Energy and Offpeak Energy
Just received notification from our supplier (SSE): Current Price until 31 March 2022 New Price from 1 April 2022 Standing Charge (per day) 24.11p 43.39p +80% Standard Energy (per kWh) 20.68p 28.46p...
85
85

How to be lazy at christmas - the tree lifter
Sep 15, 2019 - The Original Attic Lift System from The Attic Lift - Our motorized garage lift system is the perfect addition to any house to help with attic storage, garage storage or garage...
16
16

Tool shops in Geneva?
My last trip abroad was to Florida where, because I'm sad like that, I found their Home Depot outlets worth a look. Now I'm planning to go to Switzerland and am wondering if anyone can recommend any...
10
10

SDS 36V vs 230V
I've had a Makita HR2470T SDS for ages, no problems with it, have noticed that the Makita DHR263Z is now dirt* cheap at several places, it's an older brushed model, presumably cleaning out stock...

Logic check please - humidity calculations
I volunteer at our local Archive. The Trustees have recently been getting concerned at the high levels of relative humidity in the main document room, which is unheated. I have been running some tests...
39
39

Electric Oven advice ?
Looking at a Hoover HO7DC3B308IN Hoovers website doesn't appear to have heard of it. Currys and Hughes (2 main stockists) don't seem to have a clue either (although to be fair to Hughes they did open...
24
24

OT(ish) - bitcoin mining rig as heating appliance?
Why can you not use much of the heat? To use rather vague finger in air figures, ave 1kW electricity consumption might get you ave 4kW heat, useful for over half the year.
7
7

Iphone text message read confirmation
If I send a message and it fails to deliver, it says something like 'message failed'. If I send a message and it delivers OK, my message background shows as green, but is there any way to know that a...
9
9

Fixing interior insulation/pb how
Planning to put PIR on wall + PB, starting in alcoves. Question is how to fix everything. I don't want to glue pb onto the PIR, as the corners would keep cracking I presume. A wood frame is possible,...
5
5

Johnson and Starley registers and internal Vent covers
I have a new Johnson and Starley and I’d like to upgrade the floor registers. The current ones are metal and old and I have seen some new plastic ones with a nickel top. The design underneath is...

Post between Russia and UK, buying on ebay.....?
I bought an item from Russia a couple of days ago and then the seller cancelled the order and refunded me. According to ebay it was solely the decision of the seller, which is understandable in this...
12
12