Subject Author Posted Replies

Leaking joint between strap-on boss and soil pipe
I've fitted several strap-on bosses without a problem, but the one I did recently is leaking at the join between the boss and the pipe (and yes, I did remember the solvent adhesive). The only thing...
11
11

Recommendation for a hose reel please
I've got a 30M hose on order, wondering if anyone can recommend a hose reel for it, one that's like a cart or that just stands on the ground, I don't want to hang it on the wall. The Hozelock ones...
15
15

TV Aerial Failure
I've just had to have a three year old tv aerial replaced. The old one was a log periodic. I didn't realise until it was brought down that the clamp end shorted the two beams and that the coax passes...
12
12

Changing bank accounts
Works on from firefox 95.0.2 and 97.0.1 on fedora35 signing in with android pinsentry only niggle I can see is some fonts which I think ought to be san-serif look like they're using serif font. The...
12
12

Filters for Dehumidifies
My parents purchased a SilverCrest dehumidifier. Model SLE 420.A1 IAN 89301 It?s working fine, but they removed filters to change them ?. And lost them. I contacted manufacturer of SilverCrest brand...
14
14

Old, flat, leisure (golf) battery
I've acquired an electric golf trolley that has not been used for at least 6 years. The charger won't charge the battery. The charger has two indicator lights, Red when charging, Green when charged...
58
58

reminds me of the Barratt house warnings
A teen's birthday party turned into a night of horror after a floor gave way from the weight of the crowd, injuring eight people. Scores of dancing teenagers plunged into the basement at the home...
5
5

oh dear what a shame ...
Officials inside Ukraine are reporting the Antonov An-225 cargo plane has been destroyed in a Russian assault on an airfield near Kyiv. The Antonov An-225 was also called Mriya, which translates to...
11
11

Does Google maps go on popular searches?
I searched for an address mentioned on TV and I only had to put in the house number and the first letter of the street when it found it. It was 16 Wardle Brook Avenue Bill
12
12

What might these be?
Two brightly coloured plastic faced boards, probably dense hardboard, similar size to a dinner table place met, rounded corners with ypo in lower case? I found them in a cupboard, whilst doing some...
5
5

Rust spot treatment (car)
I've a couple of rust spots, presumably from stone chips, that i'd like to treat and touch up. Recommendations for product/technique would be appreciated.
3
3

Rotting Fence Posts
I have some fence posts that have been rotting on their tops. I know you can get plastic roofs you nail on. Which i don't like. ( Rain water still coming through the nail hole ? ) So far I'm thinking...
7
7

Odd immersion problem
For those that are interested in the sort of odd/weird jobs I come across. GP surgery this morning. No hot water and the business manager said it packed in last week whilst she was off (and questioned...
9
9

Longer immersion
With summer to look forward to I wish to fit a longer immersion element to my tall (150cms) thin (30cms) hot water tank as the current one must be very short as it doesn't heat enough of the tank for...
45
45

conductive crockery?
I have some bowls that get hot in the micro but don't seem to heat the food very well. Comments? Bill
43
43