Subject Author Posted Replies

Supercapacitor Jump Starters
These things claim to be able to charge up from a near dead 12V car battery in just a few moments and then provide enough power to spin a car over and start it. And moreover to be able to do this up...
5
5

DIY liposuction?
Clickbait! However, I typed "diy liposuction" into Google Products, and I got a few results. Basically, there are such things as "cavitation machines". Price ranging from 50 quid to several thousands....
2
2

Austrian government launches repair scheme for electronic goods
The Repair Bonus voucher scheme gives people cash towards repairing their electronic goods.
42
42

Riello oil burner.
It keeps tripping, not with the usual reset up the top of the boiler, but the red light on the burner itself...I have to push the burner button to restart the ignition sequence. Then it always fires...

Does the IDEAL C24 mini combi boiler have an engineer/service mode?
Tried to find info on Google but no luck. If anyone could point me to info that will get me into the engineering service mode that would be very helpful. Thanks
2
2

Charging rechargeable torch battery.
I own a torch battery which has the following written on it. "+ BRC 26650 3000mAH - L1 - ion 3.7V." I want to charge it from a 13amp socket marked - "Total 5v DC 2.4a max (2 usb share) Surge...
3
3

spade bit V hole saw
Just idly musing last night; I could figure out why use a normal drill bit, but what to do for the larger diameters. When would you use a spade bit rather than a hole saw? E.G. if you had to make a...
12
12

30mm Mixer Tap for small sink
Hi, I'm struggling to find a new mixer tap for a small toilet cubicle sink. The sink originally had 2 taps, but I blanked one off on hole and used the other for th mixer. I originally installed a...
8
8

storm damage
If half my roof had just been blown off, I don't think I'd be hanging around outside my front door for the rest to kill me! <>...
7
7

One radiator seems to need bleeding weekly ?
Have noticed that on rad seems prone to getting air in it. Patchy heat distribution until opening the bleed valve, and a satisfying long hiss. Then it all heats up again. Pressure in system seems to...
30
30

Well I woke up this morning.....
(This is not a blues song!) ... to discover that my radio alarm clock was not working. It's fairly old, probably 15 years or so, DAB/FM. Imvestigation has shown that the SMPS rated at 5 volts, 1 amp...
32
32

string of solar powered lights
I would like to put a few small lights along my main gate, to reduce the chances of someone crashing into it. The gate slides, so the electricity will have to come from solar panels, or long-lasting...
15
15

Tool systems
Hi all I want to get into a tool system ,basically one type of batteries. . Is there a sort of standard set of tools that are the best ? I am not looking for red devil or Powermax or any of those...
26
26

Mains voltage
Everyone must be cooking their turkeys because my mains voltage is only 217V and my solar PV inverter keeps dropping off line, not that there's much daylight available anyway. Happy Crimble!
64
64

Anyone with a sauna? Starting to consider one.
Part of the long term plan was to install a sauna in the Mother of All Sheds. 10+ years later it might happen. I'm now looking on line and there are traditional steam saunas (electric heater and...
8
8